Running in Place

December 1, 2008

Joke is OVER!!

I think I finally figured it out ... one of my faithful readers decided to play a funny joke on me and took my November. HA HA HA - can I have it back now?!?! It was actually a really good month that went completely unrecorded. A few of the highlights included:
* More golf lessons for the girls
* I lost count of the number of birthday parties the girls were invited to (somewhere around 6-8)
* Taught a lesson at enrichment night on inexpensive gift ideas for friends/teachers (handout to come if you're interested)
* Attended Time Out for Couples AND Time Out for Women and Girls - AWESOME!!
* Went shopping for jeans and had a GREAT time ... not the norm for jean shopping ;) Splurged on 2 pair!!
* Got all of the e-mails and lessons for Jessica Sprague's Stories in Hand class (now to find the time to complete all of the amazing goodness that she put toghether!!)
* Spent a weekend in Sedona - KID FREE - for Steve to attend continuing education classes
* Almost killed myself mountain biking in Sedona. Nothing a newfound treat from Starbucks couldn't fix ;)
* Started planning Girls' Camp for next summer ... it's gonna be SO fun!!
* Taught a lesson in Relief Society on Righteous Traditions
* Had my parents and our good friends for Thanksgiving dinner - it was so nice to "share" the workload and the results were fabulous!!
* Was invited to be on another creative team (thanks, Alma!)
* Created MANY projects for my 3 creative team assignments
* Got the house decorated for Christmas
* Bought season passes to Disneyland - can't wait to get there!
* Finished ALMOST all of my Christmas shopping ... even have ideas for the other gifts I still need to get
* Oh ... did I mention I started babysitting 3 days a week? A 4 month old :)

See? We really DID live it up in November!! I know we did more but it's lost in my jumbled mind by now ;) I've got pictures to prove most of it and may even have to think about putting together a slide show or something fun like that .. I feel like I haven't shared many pics lately with all of the projects I've been working on. Then again since I haven't posted for over a month I guess I haven't shared much of ANYTHING - pictures or otherwise!!

I've decided to capture my December a little better. I am doing a "Photo a Day" project this month. Hopefully I can keep up with getting them posted daily but may have to play catch-up every once in a while. I love the month of December ... and not just because it is my birthday month ;) It is a wonderful time to teach my kiddos to think of others and remember the Savior in all of the madness that can take over during the holidays. My photo for today actually happened by accident but I love it. I was taking pics of things around the house and Kendyl asked if she could take a picture. This girl *LOVES* to take pictures!! I'm always hesitant to let her use my "good" camera but decided to let her take a few. She wanted to take a picture of my nativity set. This is the photo she took just as it came out of the camera (minus the date I added). I love the focus on the baby Jesus and Mary. Although I know Kendyl didn't snap it to be intentionally perfect, I thought it ended up being the essence of what the holiday season is about. Thanks to Kendyl for the perfect start to my PAD project!!

6 comments:

John Knotwell said...

Loved the list Kari! And I think the photo turned out fantastic!

Laurie said...

Another design team??? You are seriously crazy! How in the world do you have time for these things? Has Liv shared her secrets with you on how to run on no sleep? Love the picture! She is a little scrapbooker in the making. Miss you! :)

Jill Knotwell said...

When you don't post for a month we have no idea what is going on with you and your family. I know I could call, but I don't as often as I should. I am looking forward to seeing a post a day!

Unknown said...

You always seem to have a lot going on! I've decided you're one of those people who can't sit still! ;) I wish I were that way! I am trying to lose weight... yeah during the holidays this is going to suck! Can't wait to get my eliptical for Christmas!!!

Ginger said...

Kari---how do you do it??? Your Nov. list made me feel about 2 inches tall. I need to get moving!! There's always way more to do than I can keep up with. I love that Kendyl took a picture of Mary and Baby Jesus---and that's what you chose for your 1st PAD... it really is the best thing to think about ALL month! Thank-you Kendyl.

Cameron Family said...

Your a nut! I can't keep up with your life, I don't know how you do it! I was just going to recap November as well, my list will be about 1/4 the size of yours! Love ya girl!