We finally got out a puzzle to work on this afternoon, too. We always get a new puzzle for Christmas and put it together on the dining room table. Steve's dad has always loved to put together puzzles and it is something that had trickled down to our family. Brinley loves puzzles, too, and has now put together the girls' new Fancy Nancy puzzle about 8 times in the past 2 days!! We all worked together to sort out the pieces for the edge and grouped other pieces that looked similar according to the picture. Several hours later we decided to walk away and start up again later. The girls love to sit and help find the right pieces as they see the picture come to life.
After dinner the girls piled on Papa's lap while he told them stories. I love for my kids to have moments with their grandparents like this! Since we don't live close to either set of grandparents I am so grateful to see them build such fun and memorable relationships with them. I know they will have treasured memories of the times they share together.


4 comments:
That's awesome! I still remember my grandparents' visits (especially the Christmas ones) and how much we loved to spend time with them. So glad you got to have both sets!
Hey, check your Facebook inbox. I think I left you a message there a few days ago, not realizing that you don't check it every day. :)
I think Emily started that tradition and passed it on to the younger girls, most of them enjoy doing it! Cute pictures!
That's funny about the puzzle, we do one on New Year's Day. Can't wait to bust it out in a few days! Looks like fun and I hope you are keeping my parents occupied or you know what will happen :)
Dear Sweet Kari ... Having just come out of a 5-day fever and flu I'm only now getting around to reading all the wonderful adventures in your life. I'm so sorry that I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday on your special day. I can tell that it was awesome so I will add my belated best wishes for you and hope that your coming year will bring you all that your righteous heart desires. I have really enjoyed reading of your daily activites this month and I LOVE your photos.
Heading back to bed now ... hope that your New Year is as wonderful as you are my friend! Missing you bunches!!!
Deb P.
Post a Comment