I love to make treats during the holidays :) This sudden burst of kitchen fury was brought on by my husband ... gotta love him being the Young Men's president!! He asked - on Sunday night - what my plans were for Wednesday. I told him I had the girls' choir concert that night while he would be at YM. He gave me "that look" and said "Oh, cuz I was wanting the YM to come over to put together plates of goodies to deliver to the widows and some single moms in the ward." I have a soft spot for projects like this because my dad did the very same project with the YM in our ward growing up for more years than I can even remember. How do you not completely rearrange your life to make sure you have everything baked and ready for goodie plate assembly on Wednesday night?!?! Nevermind the 2 hours at the doctor's office on Monday (LATE well child checks for Cougar and Kendyl ... my poor 3rd and 4th children), madly trying to get the big girls caught up on homework after being out of school for a week, finishing the laundry catch up - DONE! - and making sure I got Cougar in for his follow-up chest x-ray. Add to that having Easton here 3 days this week and needing to finish up creative team projects, teacher Christmas gifts, a Secret Santa gift for my SM creative team, and getting gifts packaged and mailed off. I'm tired just thinking about it!! At least most of the baking is done so I can move my attention back to my other projects - and give my back a rest from standing all day ;)December 16, 2008
6 Pounds
No, that's not the amount of weight I gained on our trip ... I feel no need to disclose that information ;) It IS the amount of butter that I went through today while baking up goodies and making candy. I made several dozen nut clusters, a quadruple batch of toffee, 2 pans of mint brownies, a quadruple batch of sugar cookies (including rolling out, cutting, and baking), and made the dough for a triple batch of peanut butter cup cookies that will be baked tomorrow along with some Addiction.
I love to make treats during the holidays :) This sudden burst of kitchen fury was brought on by my husband ... gotta love him being the Young Men's president!! He asked - on Sunday night - what my plans were for Wednesday. I told him I had the girls' choir concert that night while he would be at YM. He gave me "that look" and said "Oh, cuz I was wanting the YM to come over to put together plates of goodies to deliver to the widows and some single moms in the ward." I have a soft spot for projects like this because my dad did the very same project with the YM in our ward growing up for more years than I can even remember. How do you not completely rearrange your life to make sure you have everything baked and ready for goodie plate assembly on Wednesday night?!?! Nevermind the 2 hours at the doctor's office on Monday (LATE well child checks for Cougar and Kendyl ... my poor 3rd and 4th children), madly trying to get the big girls caught up on homework after being out of school for a week, finishing the laundry catch up - DONE! - and making sure I got Cougar in for his follow-up chest x-ray. Add to that having Easton here 3 days this week and needing to finish up creative team projects, teacher Christmas gifts, a Secret Santa gift for my SM creative team, and getting gifts packaged and mailed off. I'm tired just thinking about it!! At least most of the baking is done so I can move my attention back to my other projects - and give my back a rest from standing all day ;)
I love to make treats during the holidays :) This sudden burst of kitchen fury was brought on by my husband ... gotta love him being the Young Men's president!! He asked - on Sunday night - what my plans were for Wednesday. I told him I had the girls' choir concert that night while he would be at YM. He gave me "that look" and said "Oh, cuz I was wanting the YM to come over to put together plates of goodies to deliver to the widows and some single moms in the ward." I have a soft spot for projects like this because my dad did the very same project with the YM in our ward growing up for more years than I can even remember. How do you not completely rearrange your life to make sure you have everything baked and ready for goodie plate assembly on Wednesday night?!?! Nevermind the 2 hours at the doctor's office on Monday (LATE well child checks for Cougar and Kendyl ... my poor 3rd and 4th children), madly trying to get the big girls caught up on homework after being out of school for a week, finishing the laundry catch up - DONE! - and making sure I got Cougar in for his follow-up chest x-ray. Add to that having Easton here 3 days this week and needing to finish up creative team projects, teacher Christmas gifts, a Secret Santa gift for my SM creative team, and getting gifts packaged and mailed off. I'm tired just thinking about it!! At least most of the baking is done so I can move my attention back to my other projects - and give my back a rest from standing all day ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Oooh, those things you're making sound delicious! If you ever get a spare few mins (is that possible?!), you should post the recipes! I'd love to try them out :)
Very envious of your mixer too ;)
Kate
Hi Kari, one question.....what do you do in your spare time? LOL You are so sweet to always take care of everyone, I agree with Kate....they do sound delicious!
Sounds yummy! I wish you were here to help me bake and it would make it much more fun to do it with someone else.
Spare time is a myth!
You make me tired!
That's a whole lotta butter! I was getting hungry just reading about it. I am going to start my goodies today. White chocolate popcorn with m&ms. Can't wait!!!
after reading that I swear you must have more hours in your day than I do!! How do you do it woman?!?! you amaze me and all of those goodies sound simply amazing. you need to post some of the recipes, i am sure they are all to die for ;)
Bring on the butta! I'll email you my address. I am more than happy to take some of those goodies off of your hands:0). My poor 3rd and 4th child! I totally get that. We haven't even assigned Jack a roomate yet (or a room). We have the porta-crib in our room and even then he still ends up in bed with me. Daycare gives gentle reminders that I need to update their immunizations. I am such a slacker these days! I'd love to know your secret on finding more time!
What a woman! You really do it all. Then there is me... just trying to keep my head above water with the everyday stuff, and you do all of the extras. That is really cool that you are so great about helping out
Steve. That sounds like an awesome activity that will bring much joy to so many! You go girl!
I'm baking tomorrow with my mom and sisters! Can't wait. Your menu sounds delish!
Sounds Yummy, my cooking is mostly being held off till next week right before Santa arrives ;)
Post a Comment