Running in Place

December 7, 2008

Connecting with Cousins

After another night of VERY little sleep I woke up feeling pretty crappy ... a load of junk sitting in my chest. I guess my week of dealing with my sick ones is trying to take a toll on me. I refuse to give in! I went straight for the Mucinex and Emergen-C with hopes that I can fight the good fight and head into this fun-filled week with plenty of energy to enjoy the long days ahead ;)

We headed out about 9:00 A.M. and arrived at my parents' place with perfect timing. Everyone was still at church so we got some lunch together and waited for their arrival. We haven't seen my brother Ryan's family in over 2 years now ... far too long! His boys are all growing up so fast and we finally got to meet little Danny for the first time. The kiddos were a bit stand-offish at first - they obviously don't get to spend as much time around each other as we'd like and Ryan has boys - we have girly girls (with the exception of Cougar, or course). Within an hour they were running around with each other, making up games, playing Chutes and Ladders with Aunt Kris, watching movies, sharing websites, laughing, etc. It was so fun to watch them fall right into the fun of family. It reminds me that friends change, move, and grow apart, but family is FOREVER regardless of miles! Here are a few pics of the fun times with Russell, Zachary, Andrew, and Daniel ... we can't wait to meet up with Bryce's family tomorrow for more fun with even MORE cousins!!!

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Cousins ROCK! I LOVE your PAD #7. (Your camera rocks, too!)

John Knotwell said...

GREAT outdoor pic Kari... use flash on that one? If so, looks phenomenal. Hope you have a great time!

Laurie said...

Aren't you quite the little blogger this month! You are starting to make me feel guilty. Now that I am home I will try to catch up. Hope you feel better soon. Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope you don't get sick! Looks like you guys are going to have your hands full in Disneyland with more kids to come ;) Sounds like a lot of fun though!!

Natalie said...

Cousin time is the best! Looks like they are loving it. Enjoy your trip, and hope you can beet back the bugs. :)

Cameron Family said...

Looks like a good time! I love getting all the family together- its a crazy and chaotic time, but its also a beautiful thing!