Running in Place

December 6, 2008

One Down, One to Go

Today Brinley and Ashton had a piano recital at a local nursing home. I love when they have the opportunity to play at events like this because it is a wonderful lesson in service and bringing joy into the lives of others. It was fun to hear the sweet residents singing along to the familiar Christmas carols that the children were playing. The girls were thrilled to finally get to wear their Christmas dresses and I think they looked beautiful ... considering the morning we had (remember - Steve was out of town)! They did a wonderful job and I am so proud of how much they have learned. Here they are with our friend Kayla. Their "big" recital will be next week so I will hopefully have a video for you when I've got Steve's hands along to help out!!Now I'm off to frantically finish getting ready for our trip! I'm still hoping to get my photos posted daily, but if you don't see anything for a few days just know we are having a FABULOUS time ;) Besides ... you're used to only having to check my blog once a month for updates - this may give you a chance to get caught up on the past week of daily posts!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to perform at rest homes when I was a little kid! It scared the crap out of me, because I was like 4 and the people would try to grab at you!!! It always made me cry ;) Glad they aren't scared of the elderly like I was when I was a child!

andreamatrix said...

Wow! You're posting like a mad woman! Good for you! I'm so glad Coug is doing well. Hope you have a blast at Disneyland.

PS: I could never show you up lady... But it gives me a target to aim at....

Cameron Family said...

I was starting to wonder if we'd ever hear from you again! So glad your back to your hard core blogging self!