Several years back, Steve's mom made us a nutcracker for Christmas. She has actually made us two ... a golfer and a toymaker. Ever since then we have added to our nutcracker collection every year. I even found a "vintage" BYU football player nutcracker on eBay one year that I surprised Steve with on Christmas morning!! It is always such a treat to pull them out with the rest of our decorations and figure out how we will arrange them making room for the yearly addition. We still have to buy one this year - perhaps I need to start browsing the web for a Mickey Mouse nutcracker to commemorate our trip!We're still digging out from our vacation. Laundry is almost all washed and ready to be folded and put away (so I can get back on schedule). The girls will be catching up on extra homework this week and will have their choir concert on Wednesday. I have too many creative team projects to think about along with gifts for the office and a Secret Santa gift to make. Just a few last gifts to buy and get mailed off to family and we should REALLY be done ... now to get Steve started on the wrapping!! Yes, he wraps ALL of our gifts - except those that are for him ;) I'm thinking Valentine cards may be the way to go this year. Oh, and I need to get started on a Disney album from our trip ....


8 comments:
What??? No Christmas cards?? You big slacker. What would all of your SU buddies say? JK! When you are done with your laundry, could you come do mine too? Thanks. :)
I collect my Christmas village, but I reluctantly did not put them up this year! It would have been too stressful trying to keep my little man from destroying them! Yikes.... Glad to hear you holiday is going good thus far I love that you have a BYU nutcracker. Every year I am trying to find some new BYU thing to suprise Bry with. Kylie ruined the suprise for this year.... why did I even think she would keep the secret! ;)
I love a Christmas tradition of collecting something. I collect Nativities and I think I got 2 this year! I love the nutcracker my mom made us too, maybe U should start collecting those too....No I will need a bigger house.
I love collections! They usually don't last for me though.
Super Cute collection! I have Santas and my sis. in law has snowmen! Aren't they fun? Glad you had a fun trip and hope you survived the laundry hurricane!
love the nutcracker collection. We collect Pooh bear ornaments for a tree for our girls...so nice to have these traditions, huh?
Your running list sounds like my brai with all the little creative gifts a brewing! Can we give the gift of a bit more time? ;)
Excellent picture. Love it! It's good to have a collections. I'm collecting Nikon's.... Just in case if you need any gift ideas.
Glad to have you back at the computer! ;)
Post a Comment