Every year we spend our Monday nights playing Secret Santa for Family Home Evening. The kids love the "thrill of the chase" hoping that they don't get caught as they leave little surprises for unsuspecting friends and neighbors. I love the opportunity that it gives us as a family to talk about those we know and love, those who might need a little "extra", those who might be new to the area, or those who may have just come to our minds as one we should visit. Our usual plans to start on the first Monday of the month had to be put on hold with that being the day we spent at the doctor with Cougar and, of course, the next Monday we were at Disneyland, so tonight was the first time we had a chance to go out. It was a cold and rainy (shocker for our parts) night but the girls were still excited to make their deliveries. We have lots more to drop off later this week and next - to make up for our missed weeks - and I am so excited for the joy that it brings! It draws us nearer together as a family as we focus on others at this special time of year!P.S. If you are wanting to create a quick and *FAB* Christmas LO look no further than this amazing template from Denise! Once I saw her LO I wished and hoped she'd produce a template ... and she did! Go snatch it up ;)


4 comments:
love your secret santa idea! I'm doing that at work...but having the kids get involved is great! (your package is adorable!)
Thanks for the Christmas layout template link to Denise! LOVE it. :)
I was needing an FHE activity for the kiddos for Monday. Secret Santa is perfect! Thanks!!!!
Okay I really need to chew Bry out so I can get started on my digital scrapbooking lessons! As normal everything you do looks FABULOUS!
Do you ever just sit?
Post a Comment