He's had a cough and snotty nose again the past few days so I decided to take him in to the doc to have him checked out before our upcoming trip so we could make sure his ears looked good and so we could treat anything that might need treating so he's in good shape when we travel. After a breathing treatment in the doctor's office we were sent out for a chest x-ray. They sat him on this little seat like a bicycle seat and wrapped these plastic body forms around him to hold his body and arms in the right position. He wasn't too upset about it at first but then he realized that this wasn't supposed to be a pleasant experience and kind of lost it. It was heartbreaking!!! Here are a few pics of that super fun process:




The news came about 5:45 P.M. ... PNEUMONIA!! My sweet baby boy has pneumonia :( He is now on 5 medications including 2 different nebulizer treatments, an antibiotic, a HORRIBLE steroid (that he does not want to take AT ALL), and allergy meds. Ah, the joys. Say a little prayer for Cougar so he's feeling great, breathing well, and ready to live it up at Disneyland!!


15 comments:
Poor baby, Hope he is feeling better soon! You had a busy November girl, even with the hectic schedule, I love how you always put a positive spin on it. Great picture to start this month off with too, maybe Kendyl has found her niche.
That last picture was just so sad! I hope he is well soon. Brady had pneumonia at the same age. No fun!
My Mom is asthmatic! When I was in tech school I read everything possible on it! Psycho maybe. Unfortunately when they get colds it goes straight to there chest (the weakest part)ie him getting pnuemonia. Have you tried childrens mucinex with him? Next time he gets a cold you should try giving it to him right off, it would help break up the mucus and help him to get it out before it goes to his chest. Do I sound like a doctor ;) I hope he feels better and that his asthma goes away! Living with someone who has it is so sad :(
Oh the poor thing! I really hope he is better so he can enjoy Disneyland with the rest of you! I'm so sorry. It's so hard to have sick kids! We will keep him in our prayers!
Whoa! I am so glad for you that you found out he was that sick before you were actually on vacation! One tip I heard yesterday from my ever-so-wise mother: oil of oregano fights germs (both viruses and bacteria)like nothing else. She heard about it from a friend who gives it to her family whenever they are going to be in a really germy place (public) and she swears they are never sick. You can find it at health food stores -- I am going to get some TODAY to help us through the winter, as I am trying to avoid a full blown sinus infection. Maybe it'll give Coug a boost to his immune system...I hope for all your sakes that he mends quickly! Hugs!
Good thing you took him in, I never know when I'm overreacting to a cold or if there is something to be concerned about. I'm impressed that he kept his cool as long as he did. We are still looking at moving to AZ and I was hoping that the little ones got less sick there with the great weather. If you are doing anything in San Diego we have a guest room you are welcome to use.
oh! i am so sorry! bradley has been in that contraption before, so not fun :( we hope he gets feeling better!
I know all to well what you are going through with kid(s) who can't stay well. I'm sorry, that really stinks.
I'm sooo glad you took him in. Bless his little heart. We hope he's better so we can see him soon!
Poor little guy. That last picture is so sad. I'm sorry you are dealing with a sick child. That is the worst! Hang in there.
That could have been Abram in those pictures. I had forgotten about the contraption they use for those chest x-rays. Poor lil guy. I hope he grows out of it like all of my boys did. Did I tell you that a pediatric pulmonologist once told me that caucasian boys have smaller airways so they have the most problems with reactive airway disease? Crazy, huh?
Ohhh, my heart just broke for you both! It is so hard to see you child freak like that. I hope he recovers soon, and good job Mom for listening to your intuition and taking him in. You need to pat yourself on the back for that one. Have fun at D-Land!
How horrid! I can't imagine watching my kiddo go through that... Impressed that you had the camera there though...
Watching our children go through tramatic experiences is sooooo hard! But just makes you realize how incredibly strong the parent-child realationship is and how much you LOVE them, even beyond description! I sure hope he is feeling WAY better now and ready to party at Disneyland! Have a fabulous time!!!!!
Poor baby- I've heard those things are horrible for them. Rian had pneumonia when she was 3. I was pregnant with Jack so I couldn't go into the XRay room with her, but I got to sit in the exam room and listen to her scream for me through the wall while the janitor mopped the floor around me as I sat there and cried! Literally.
Post a Comment