When we got home we found Momo, Papa, Kendyl and Cougar enjoying the backyard. They had been for a walk around the neighborhood earlier but Momo was kind enough to go for another walk with the big girls so they didn't miss out on the fun! After they got back it was a bit of basketball with Cougar's new hoop and time to sit and enjoy the glorious weather. We could not have asked for a better day in the weather department ... mid 60's, sunny, and warm. I think Ed could have stayed outside with the sun on his face all day!!

We decided to head to Target so the girls could spend some Christmas money and gift cards. Steve met us there during his lunch break and we headed to T.G.I. Friday's for a (not so) quick bite. Cougar desperately needed a nap so rather than head out to the mall as we had planned we came home, put him down, and the girls watched Prince Caspian with Momo while I tried to get another creative team project finished up.After Steve got home we worked a bit more on the puzzle and then headed out to Mesa to see the Christmas lights at the temple. We hadn't been out there in a few years so it was wonderful to go see the beautiful light and nativity display and talk with our girls even more about the holiday season and birth or our Savior. We went into the Visitor's Center to see the Christus and watch the Luke 2 movie.

I'm so glad we took the time to go this year and will make sure we do our best to make it a yearly tradition. We didn't leave the temple to come home until after 8:00 P.M. so by the time we got home I got to making scones as fast as I could (the dough was already done ... remember the dough balls? I buy extra for scones) so the kids could eat and get in bed. By 9:30 the kiddos were down and by 10:00 all was cleaned up and ready for another day tomorrow!


8 comments:
Look at you...taking your own temple pics. ;) Got some nice night shots.
Your entire month of December has worn me out. You need to sit at home for the rest of the year, make nothing, do nothing, and read something. That would make me feel a lot better. Then I would have more in common with you these days. ;)
I second Tori - woman, did you sleep at all the month of December? BTW, I am now an addict of the Premium M&Ms too, thanks to the stash you sent me! My Abigail (1-1/2) needs to go to M&Ms Anonymous with me as a result....
I'll have to concur. You are going to need another vacation. You are amazing! I love the temple lights!!! What an awesome tradition. My dh proposed to me at our temple's lighting ceremony many, many moons ago.
So fun! So sad that Mom and Dad will come home to snow :( I feel for Ashton and her poor little teeth. I almost had to get a root canal, but luckily didn't. I sure felt the pain and discomfort though. Tell her we love her and are thinking about you all.
Nice temple pics! I have to agree with Tori. You should do nothing for at least a day. I am pretty sure you need it. You should teach me how to make scones. I had a young women's leader in high school who always made them. I loved them, but I have never tried my hand at them. Share your secrets with me. Oh, and you can stop making fun of my poor neglected blog. It now has one new post on it and I am working on more. :)
Looks fun. We also saw the lights this weekend- so gorgeous! Very cute pictures of the family!
What a busy day! Sounds like all had a nice time though. The temple lights are one of the things still on the list to do this season. Maybe we'll do them this week while Aunt Kasey is here. :)
I had my first root canal ever in August. It really wasn't as bad as I imagined! Your pictures look great. I finally got to go outside with my new one and took some photos, I need to really do some research and figure out all the fun things it can do though!
Post a Comment