I spent the better part of the day shopping. To be honest we've been "mostly" done for weeks but there are always the last few random things that wait until the end. I had a few friends ask if I was getting my last minute shopping done ... I told them it was only the 20th and I wouldn't be doing any last minute shopping until the 24th!! The biggest task was shopping for Steve because he never WANTS anything (unless it costs at least $20,000 - think cars, houses, BIG toys) and since I used my yearly surprise for his birthday I'm kinda of tapped for good ideas this year. I'm also trying to watch our budget more closely ... as is everyone ... so I don't want to buy things just to have "stuff" under the tree. I know whatever I get he will appreciate and enjoy because he is that kind of guy :) I'm happy with what I decided on and can now say I REALLY am done - for today.
Since my day was spent doing lots of mundane things like going to the post office, eating, and shopping, I decided to give into the request of my sister-in-law, Anna Marie, and post some photos of my holiday decor. You must understand ... her house is always perfectly adorned - regardless of the season - but she has a definite passion for Christmas. She studied design in college and has an amazing talent for decorating. That, coupled with her gift of photography, produce photos of her home that look straight out of a magazine ... really. The other day she posted photos of her holiday decor and issued a challenge for others to do the same. I commented that there was NO WAY I would post photos of my decor and that I needed some serious design intervention. It is one area (of many) that I *WISH* I could visualize and bring to reality but I can look at magazines and websites, watch HGTV and TLC until I am cross-eyed and it just doesn't seem to click for me. That being said I have humbled myself and am giving in to her request ... lucky for her I didn't have anything better to post today ;)





** Note the tags still on the stockings ... I can't decide if I like them or not so I haven't "committed" to them yet. Comments?!?!

10 comments:
I think you have done a fine job of decorating! Love the stockings on the shelf.....by the way the waddell post office hardly ever has more than 2 people in line at any given time, just a thought!
Ummm...that would be me who didn't get her packages out until the very last second...at 7pm no less! Thank goodness we have a kiosk open at our post office that is open 24/7. I can officially say I got the packages to them on Dec. 20th! Whether they GET to their destination is another story, but I 'officially' got it done. Oh and our Christmas cards also went out today.
I left our house with the tree still not done and daddy and the girls working on it. Let's just say...it doesn't look quite as pretty as your decorations (but the girls had a blast)!
yeah we have to send John's parents gifts Fedex next day tomorrow so it will get there on time. We are slackers as well. Your house looks really cute and I am proud of you for decorating more than the tree!
Whatever!!! Your home is beautiful!
Your tree looks just like mine . . . only decorated about 2/3 of the way down. Everything is beautiful!
I love the balls hanging between your dining and living room. Are those just evergreen or something else?
I totally hear you on buying "stuff" just to have "stuff" under the tree. Jimmie's getting a watch, 2 shirts and a belt...because that's what he needs.
Merry Christmas!
Your house looks great, I don't know what you're talking about, just trying to be modest I suppose! I finally went full on with my stockings and got them personalized, and they match my tree skirt.
I wish you could hear my applause in SLC...it looks amazing! And I'm giving my vote for the stockings to stay. From Target, right? I thought they were darling. And I love the boy and girl color contrast.
xoxo
Kari---your house looks beautiful! Do you actually live there? Is it weird having Christmas in such a warm place? Just wondering...It's been a little too cold here lately---18 below---just a little too cold.
Your house looks beautiful! I've never seen it at Christmas time but it is just how I imagined it would be- you cute, crafty thing!
Post a Comment