There was a 30 minute wait to replace the watch battery so I decided to save it for another day since the kiddos were ready to head out. Brinley made a last minute decision that she wanted to go to Claire's to look at earrings so we headed back down to the bottom floor of the mall. I took us in the wrong direction by mistake and as we were backtracking we walked past a cell phone kiosk that sold for Verizon Wireless - my provider. I asked ... in passing (literally) ... "Do you happen to have any BlackBerry Storms in stock?" The salesman said "Yeah - I've got one. How many do you need?" It stopped me in my tracks. I had been considering this purchase since I was eligible for a phone upgrade in October and the news was out about the release of the Storm. It wasn't really that I "needed" a new phone. My Palm Treo has been serving me faithfully for over 2 years now. It was an absolute WANT ... new, techy, gadgety, cool. I'd looked a few places before Christmas checking them out and finding NO availability. I even called my local Verizon store this week to find them out of stock. And now Ryan had one in his little mall kiosk. Could it be true?! Was this wrong turn to Claire's the sign that I should have this phone? I had to stop and look ... and touch ... and drool. I had just enough money from my birthday to pay for it. Pam told me I deserved it - how do you say no when your mother-in-law says you deserve it?!?! As if that weren't enough of a sign there was a play area just across from the kiosk that Pam was able to take the kiddos to so they would be entertained while waiting. They were all so patient they deserve medals!!! It took MUCH longer than I expected but almost an hour later I was the proud owner of the last Storm in the mall :) Isn't it pretty?
I still have to get my contacts and calendar transferred over and figure out how to use the darn thing but I am super excited about it!!! Nothing quite like playing with and learning how to use a new toy ;) Happy Birthday to me!!! To reward everyone's patience through the entire ordeal I made sure to stop at Chick-fil-A on the way home for Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes. Yes, I rewarded myself with one, too! After it was all over I realized I should have left my watch to get the battery replaced!! At least I have to go back in a week to pick up my jeans that are being hemmed.We came home and sat down to watch movies - Wall-E in one room and Kit Kittredge in another. Steve came home and the puzzle was finally finished! I went to finish up the barbeque pork for dinner to find that I had run out of BBQ sauce!!! You must understand ... I still import my sauce from Memphis. Once you have partaken of Corky's there is no going back to "grocery store" sauce (even if you can buy it at the grocery stores in Memphis). I used to buy it in gallon jugs at Sam's Club when we lived there. My friend Mary has offered to send it to me when I need my fix. I usually buy 6-8 bottles at a time and keep close tabs on when I am running low so have no idea how I got to empty without noticing! This discovery shifted dinner plans to an In-n-Out and Taco Bell run with BBQ pork sandwiches on the menu for lunch tomorrow ;)
Once the kiddos were in bed it was time to break out the cards for a game of Hand and Foot. No visit from Pam and Ed would be complete without it!! Pam and I were slaughtering the guys after the first 3 hands so we (read the guys) decided we should start over. They destroyed us the first hand of the new game but then we came back to wipe them out the next hand. It was pretty well decided at this point that the game was worthless and we should head to bed. Bummer for me because we were playing SUPER well and I NEVER play well!!! I actually got out the tripod and used my timer to get a picture of all of us playing. How's THAT for wanting to capture the moments this month?!


13 comments:
Do you play hand and foot with partners? Because that's a fantastic idea! We just play individuals but we love it and play for hours. Just the girls though. The guys are always watching basketball. Their loss.
ooh...the Storm! It was fate! I am due for a phone upgrade too---and would LOVE to get it.
Sounds like another fun day! I've never played "hand and foot!" I'll have to google it. Love the tripod shot! :)
Hand and Foot, a classic Pam and Ed game ;) Sounds like the mall trip was very successful!
John is going to hate for a little bit. He is giving me his upgrade in April so I can get rid of my POS. Isn't he sweet? Well I had to give him my upgrade when he lost his phone and he got the Blackberry. Its always fun to get something new to play with - good on ya!
Do not tell Jeremy that you got the storm. He has been watching and waiting for that thing for a long time. He isn't eligible for an upgrade until this spring. Hope you have fun with your new crackberry.
Congrats! That's so awesome! You totally deserve it! By the way you look awesome, like always, but really you do look awesome!
It was meant to be yours!!!! Especially if MIL says you deserve it!! With how uber busy you are, it's probably more of a necessity! Completely justifiable anyway you look at it. So, can this BBQ sauce be ordered? I just can't find one that wows me. I use to have to do that w/ Tony Cacheres season salt from Louisiana, now they have it here, yay!
congratulations Kari! Just a word of advice, make sure you call customer service to run you through the install and transfer of your data. I had a Palm PDA that froze but was backed up on my computer. I bought a new PDA, and when I installed it, it actually wiped out my back up! You can imagine I wasn't too happy. I've been using paper and pen since then! Enjoy your gadget. Aloha, Sarah
Uh.... JEALOUS!
What is a Storm???
Jerry thinks it's what happens when your mother-in-law comes to town....
Happy Birthday Kari & congrats on your new toy-which of course you totally deserve and what an awesome MIL you have for telling you so!! I have never heard of the Hand & Foot-will have to google that one!
Oh, Kari! Happy Birthday, by the way! I'm glad you got your phone--now you won't be agonizing over thinking what might have been:)
I totally understand about Corky's--I think that must be what keeps us here. We also have to keep our family members supplied whenever we visit!
I love your blog! Great posts and pictures. You look GREAT!
Post a Comment