skip to main |
skip to sidebar
It's been a long day and I've had a pounding headache for hours, but I had to post two of my fave pics from today. We woke up and prepared to make the long drive to the L.A. area to go to the American Girl Place. Steve stayed to play golf with Paca and Grammy came with me and the kids. None of the girls have AG dolls so they saved their birthday money all year and after seeing the movie Kit Kittredge they knew they wanted to spend their money on dolls. Of course they didn't have enough money for all that they wanted - nor did they GET all they wanted - but we supplemented their funds so each could get a doll, an extra outfit, and a tote bag for their doll for Christmas. The next few weeks will be torture waiting to play with them (since they have to wait until Christmas)!! We started with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory where we were obviously a "bother" to some with our 4 kiddos ... one couple was seated by us and got up to move in less than 2 minutes! We finished the shopping trip with a stop to see Santa. I thought that Cougar would scream for sure but he climbed right up and even "talked" to him. He was a great Santa and was wonderful with my kids. It was well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to get there just for these pics :)
After our shopping and Santa experience we headed to Anaheim. It took us about an hour from where we were at. I think the headache started in the L.A. traffic. I could never live in a place that had traffic like that every day!!! We arrived at the hotel and waited for others to arrive. Steve, Paca, and my sister Kristin and my brother Bryce's family arrived not long after and we were off to Disneyland to play!! DL closed early tonight for their cast Christmas party so we got almost 3 hours over in California Adventure! I'm sure I'll have plenty of Disney pics over the next few days ....
11 comments:
Gorgeous pics Kari... the girls will love Christmas day opening their dolls!
K :)
What a fun day (except for your headache, of course)! I didn't know there was an American Girl place in LA...good to know, should we ever venture to that area with my girls (I grew up in the San Fernando Valley). Well, they have to get "into" American Girls I guess, first.
Excellent photos! Hope your headache has subsided by now.
I love it when we make people move in restaurants. Does the sign say "no children allowed"? No? I didn't think so. So go to another part of the dining room, snooty people.
Is Cougar trying to say "Cheese" in the Santa picture? I only ask because he has exactly the same look on his face that MayDay had when we did the Santa Claus thing on Saturday. Adorable.
Did you clone Brinley? Because in that second Santa photo especially, Kendyl looks JUST like her!
Hope you feel better!
My girls are going to be sooooo jealous of those dolls. They've given up asking me about them and have gone ahead and decided that some of the dolls they already have are American Girl Dolls. I'm good with that. :)
Can't wait to hear more!!
Do you think your girls would share their dolls with me?? No? Jeremy told me the only reason I wanted a girl was so I could have a real life doll. He said if we never had a girl that he would by me an AG doll. LOL! I can't believe Cougar did so well with Santa. What a cute pic! We are going to make a trip to Santa soon. Hope our pic turns out as cute as yours.
Wow, Ethan would not get on his lap, but he did point and say "HO, HO, HO!" Looks like the girls will have some fun on Christmas! Kylie loves looking at the American Girl magazine!
I think this will definitely be a Christmas your girls remember forever. What a fun outing and great memories. How about our tickets...Wicked?
My girls would be so jealous! What a fun day. That is a GREAT picture with Santa! How fun that Cougar wasn't scared. Very cute!
Totally jealous your girls got to go to AG!!!!! Livi wants one bad and stares at the dolls in the catalog daily. I didn't have the heart to order it as I want to experience the store with my daughter. Keep having fun and get better!
Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're better soon! The picture of your kids with Santa is one of the cutest Santa pictures I've EVER seen. And your girls in front of the American Girl store looks like it's from a movie or something. I took your advice about cameras and ended up getting a Cannon RebelxSI which I really love so far but if you put my abilities on a scale from 1 to 100on how well I know and can use the camera...I'd be sitting at about an 8. In other words...lots to learn.
Your PAD's are turning out amazing!! What a GREAT idea!!
I am covering 3 post with this comment.....I know lazy. Love your kids Santa picture, they are adorable & then the Disney picture is fab too. I can't believe you didn't take your back up. Kari, Kari, Kari what are we going to do with you? The dinner sounded wonderful & the picture you did get is great. Thank for sharing your fun. The girls look like they had a blast shopping, cute picture there too.
Post a Comment