We got rain again today. That's twice in a week ... pretty much unheard of for Arizona. Nice of the weather to cooperate while our company has been in town, huh? Lucky for me I got up to run early and made it home before any raindrops started to fall. Once the rain started, it just kept on falling. In fact, it's still falling as I'm writing - I feel like I'm back in Oregon!
The kids started this morning showing me their mad musical skills - rockin' the new Paper Jamz! that Ashton got, vocals sung into a Webkinz pony, and drums being played on a Crayola Color Wonder case. Awesome.
Homemade breakfast was on the menu again today ... breakfast burritos!
The girls played their new Lego Pirate's Cove game while I took care of the kitchen and daily laundry. They loved it and I know it will be played a lot!
Ed had to go to dialysis this afternoon so we dropped him off at the dialysis center for 4 hours - he probably enjoyed the peace and quiet!! We are praying that a kidney becomes available for him soon!
Lots of time playing games and puzzle putting together. Not lazy ... just relaxed. Cougar got to take a nap today - FINALLY! He is way off of his game and the late nights and late mornings are taking a toll on him. The grouchy can only be taken for so long!! Brinley was called on to babysit for a little while this afternoon, which she loved. I had work to do so I sat down with the laptop and listened to the rain and the quiet while the others read, played games, and splashed in the rain just a bit ;)
For dinner we headed to Chick-fil-a for another Wahoo Wednesday! I got a text yesterday that our receipts for today's purchases would get us the same goodness for free any day in February, so we couldn't resist! Pam hadn't had a chance to get a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake yet so it gave us even more reason to make the trip ;)
Steve and Ed headed to the Suns game tonight while the rest of us planned on a quiet movie night at home watching Despicable Me. I even got Steve to join in the blogging fun by sending a picture from the game!!


4 comments:
I wanna come and eat at your house!!!
I love lazy days like that. Our friendly maintainance man came over yesterday at 11:30 & we were all still in our PJ's!
MISS YOU!
What a nice day;) And thanks for loaning me Brinley for a bit;) So glad you found out about the Wahoo Wednesday! I was going to tell you and forgot! I will miss you when you aren't blogging every day, but you definitely deserve a break!!!!!
I LOVE running in the rain (with a baseball cap on) - you should try it sometime!
Post a Comment