Running in Place

December 11, 2010

Heading Home

On our way out of town, we stopped at the Newport Beach Temple ... it was beautiful! It wasn't the first time we had seen it, but we love to stop whenever we are near a temple so that we can share that experience with our children. I love these pics - the sky really was that blue!!

We headed back toward home with plans to stop at Grammy & Paca's on our way. We hadn't had our traditional trip to Maxcy's for breakfast so we decided to head there for lunch. I've gotta say that lunch was just as good if not better than our usual breakfasts ... So.yummy. Maxcy's never disappoints! Boy, have I eaten well this week {bootcamp on Monday is going to be brutal}!!

No trip to my parents' would be complete without golf cart rides!!

Time to say goodbye ... we'll see them in about a week a half when they join us for a few days before heading to my brother's for Christmas!!

Look what we came home to ... progress in the kitchen!! Drywall is done and the cabinets are back in. I'm trying really hard keep a positive attitude about things, but I am NOT terribly happy with things as they are. I'm hoping that the issues can be fixed to our satisfaction because right now we are NOT satisfied. We are going to select our granite on Tuesday but need to get things settled with the cabinets before we move ahead. Additional bummer? We are without a sink again ... and our temporary countertop (aka folding table) is no longer in place with the cabinets being back in. It's going to be a VERY long week {and likely longer}!!


3 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

What a wondeful vacation you have had!! Bummer we could not have met up for lunch :0(!!You are entitled to a few naughty words I think!!!! In the end, you will have GRANITE!!!! I promise the granite will make up for all the kitchen drama you had to go through!! Granite is life changing and I could never not have it again! Chin up girlie! Quoting Rob Schneider from The Waterboy "You can do it!" (don't forget to insert cajun accent).

John Knotwell said...

Now, your cryptic FB message yesterday makes sense. Keep your chin up lady. You'll have it done before Christmas, right? :)

John Knotwell said...

Oh, and the Newport Temple is stunning inside. Love the architecture and craftsmanship. Its gorgeous.