Running in Place

December 26, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sundays are always a little less exciting around these parts. Today was one of the LAZIEST days I have experienced in a very long time. I didn't get out of bed until almost 9:30 AM. You read that right ... 9:30. It reminded me why I don't sleep in - it put me in a crummy mood!! I hate having a bad attitude - it really doesn't happen that often {which I am grateful for}. Lucky for me it hit on the one day that we don't have company visiting. WHEW!! It didn't help that I forgot my visiting teachers were coming, my printer has decided to quit working (while I was trying to print Kendyl's primary talk and things I needed to substitute for primary music), and I've been eating nothing but garbage lately (which makes me feel like garbage)!

Steve had no meetings before church today so it was FABULOUS to have him around to help with things! I didn't have to worry about lunch, making sure the kids were showering, or anything that I normally do (except helping to do hair for the girls). Today involved trying to get back on top of the laundry pile {which easily falls behind when company comes to visit} and getting sheets and towels washed and ready for our next set of visitors to arrive tomorrow.

We are up to our eyes in leftovers, so I chose to keep dinner simple. Most of the family requested hot dogs. Seriously. Gotta love that I can go outside to grill without a jacket on in December!!

During dinner we played a new game that we received for Christmas from my brother Ryan. It's called the Gather 'Round Dinner Game and the kids just loved it!! I can see it quickly becoming a tradition around our dinner table.

With Brinley quickly approaching her 12th birthday we are working hard to finish up her requirements for her Faith in God award at church. Seems hard to believe she will be attending Young Women's in just a few weeks!! Tonight she was working on a 4 generation pedigree chart. We used the New Family Search website and showed her how to find all of the information that she needed.

Also hard to believe that today was Cougar's last day in nursery ... he will be a Sunbeam starting next week! Our little boy is growing up ;)


1 comments:

John Knotwell said...

We are excited for William to be in Sunbeams next week too. He was sad to say goodbye to Nursery, but super excited to waive hello to Primary. Now, just 11 more months until Hewston goes into Nursery!