Running in Place

December 27, 2010

Holiday Visitors ... Round 2!

Well, today round 2 of our visitors began!! I woke up and went for a run {having no bootcamp these 2 weeks of break is KILLING me!} and then came home to dig in and finish "touching up" the house - sheets going back on, towels back into the bathroom, clean bathroom, unload and load dishwasher, vacuum, laundry ... you know the drill. I also spent some time on the phone with Epson tech support trying to figure out why my printer died on me - NOT good timing with a big work deadline looming!! It's back up and running after an uninstall and reinstall of the printer drivers (which I had already done once). I was happy to get to shower before heading to the airport!

Cougar discovered a new trick this morning that he was THRILLED to share with me! I wish I would have video taped his enthusiasm. Really. He took the camping mattress {that he had slept on last week when he was kicked out of his bed by aunt Kris *wink*} and found that it made GREAT sliding device on the stairs!! It kept him and his sisters entertained for quite a while.

Mamo & Papa arrived just after 3 and everyone made the trek to the airport to greet them :) I love when the kiddos flood out of the car so excited to greet their grandparents who they haven't seen in months! Cougar talked their ears off the entire drive home ... if only he understood that Papa can only hear half of what he says!! We came home, and Steven arrived home shortly there after. Kendyl read books to Mamo while the rest of us visited.

The kids were anxious for them to open their Christmas gifts, so we finally gave into their demands before heading to dinner. They were especially excited to give Papa his gift. We found it months ago and knew it would be just perfect!! It is a nutcracker of a Boy Scout. Ed has been Scoutmaster for as long as I have know Steven ... and longer. Ed and Pam are the ones who got us started with our nutcracker collection. See the perfect fit? We just loved it and hope he does, too!

Then it was off to Red Robin for my annual birthday celebration!! Rarely does a birthday go by that we don't enjoy our free burger at Red Robin ... it is a family favorite! Add to that the gift cards we got for Christmas and this birthday celebration didn't cost us a thing *WOOT*

I had the Ensenada Chicken Platter which is always delish.

The kids were silly, as usual.

Really, all they wanted was my sundae.

We came home after dinner and sent the kids upstairs to get ready for bed. A little while later I found them up in the playroom ... Kendyl reading to Cougar in her "fort," and Brinley and Ashton in their own "fort" playing travel Battleship. They were being so kind to each other, so tender, so unusual - it was delightful!!!

At dinner I ran out of room on the SD card on my phone ... that's how many pictures I've been taking this month!! Steve has commented MORE than once now how happy he will be when this month is over so I will quit taking pictures of him (and everything) - I think I'm embarrassing him!! Oh, well ... he'll be glad 2 years from now when we can look back and remember everything we did in December 2010 ;)

P.S. This is post #250 on my blog ... 57 of which have been posted in the past 57 days. Whoa.


2 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

I think you are the busiest person I know!!! I am totally impressed with all these blog posts!!! I've loved waking up in the morning to see what you have been up to ;0).

Beth said...

I love your shirt.