Running in Place

December 22, 2010

On the Tenth Day of Christmas

Got up early to run today - another 5 miles. This time I took a pic ...

My dear friend Beth makes me run faster {cuz she's a good 5 inches taller than me}; I slow her down. Who's the better friend? That would clearly be Beth ... she makes me better (and faster) than I would normally be!!

Then the bakefest began! Grammy kicked it off while Kris and I ran out to get a bit more shopping done *sigh* By the end of the day we had made sugar cookies, ginger molasses cookies, thumbprint cookies, candy cane cookies, and we have 82 mint oreo truffles waiting to be dipped tomorrow. We also have some frosting to do tomorrow as well as more candies {think toffee, addiction, caramel corn, caramels ... OY!}

While Kris and I were out we stopped by Chick-fil-a to grab lunch for everyone. They were having Wahoo Wednesday which means that if I bring back my receipt from todays' order any day in January I can get the same order for FREE!! We'll have to invite company over to share it with us since we were buying for 3 extra people today ... here's just a glimpse of the line at the drive thru - imagine us about a 6-8 cars further back at one point.


The kids spent several hours outside this afternoon, too ... riding bikes, a walk around the neighborhood with Grammy, playing with the neighbors. I love that they can be outside at this time of year (in shorts and t-shirts most days)!!

Cougar was being his silly self this afternoon, too ... here he is "calling" Paca on his cell phone and being the wild man that he normally is ;)

Brinley went off to one of her first "official" babysitting jobs tonight and had a great time! She put the kids to bed shortly after getting there and I have no pics of the event, but I am proud of her for being responsible enough to be trusted and called upon!

Steve and I had to hit a few more shops tonight {I know ... it's December 22nd} and then wandered home to get to wrapping. At least Steve got to wrapping. He has been the Christmas wrapper in our family for years and I *LOVE* it!!! The only gifts I wrap are the ones I'm giving to him ... just as it should be!

About 10:30 it started to POUR rain - and blow like crazy!!! I wish this pic could really capture what it looked and felt like but it doesn't. We don't see weather like this in AZ very often (thank goodness) so when we do it's the talk of the town!!


4 comments:

rebecca said...

When you put your day into pictures, it sure looks even busier! :) I'm glad you posted that last picture! We were asleep, and woke up to that, but I was too tired to get up and look outside! It sounded like someone was pouring a giant pitcher of water over our house!

Beth said...

You put your dear friend Beth to shame. I would never have even been running if you hadn't made me and I could barely keep up with your fast little bitty legs. And you know what baking I did...ONE thing. One.

Love you,

DFB

Jill Knotwell said...

You see weather like that when we come visit. And, HOLY CRAP bakefest!!

Kasey said...

Those were 5 FAST miles!

Sounds like you got your kitchen back in working order JUST. IN. TIME!

Hug Kristin, Grammy and Paca for me!