I got up early and met my dear friend Beth for a run. 5 miles. Average pace almost a full minute faster than I normally run on the treadmill. No pics ... just sayin'.
I spent the morning paying bills and preparing for people to come clean our tile and carpets - one of the last things on the list to recover from the kitchen debacle of 2010. Cougar liked sitting under the dining room table after we took the chairs out. He kept saying "I could live under here!!"
After a few hours, I had the cleanest tile and grout I've had in 6 years!! The carpets looked fabulous, too - HOORAY!
We hit Sonic for Happy Hour and came home to get ready to head across town. We ran to Ikea to pick up some more frames to finish gifts for the ladies at the office, and then hit Fry's Electronics to buy ink cartridges. I have never seen a line like the one I had to stand in at Fry's. The photo will do the line NO justice. There were at least 40 people in front of me and by the time I got to the front there were another 40 people behind me ... C.R.A.Z.Y.
Next up was dinner at Cafe Rio - YUM!! It wasn't my best experience there ... the kids wanted chips and queso and they were completely out of chips. Seriously? The register girl was snatchy and looked at me like I had planted my own hair in my salad when I asked for a replacement after finding someone else's hair in my salad ... GROSS.
Next was a quick stop at Trader Joe's to pick up some Pound Plus bars - they are the only thing I will use for making and/or dipping candies. Since I plan to do A LOT of baking and candy making over the next few days it was essential to make this stop. I picked up 10 bars {4 milk, 6 dark} so hopefully that will get us through ;)
Last stop for the night was at the Mesa Temple for a view of the Christmas lights!! It was just beautiful (as always). We've gone almost every year and I love being able to walk the temple grounds with my children and whatever visitors we may have with us ... we seem to have someone visiting every time we go to see the lights!


3 comments:
What great temple pictures! We really need to go! Thanks for the tip on the chocolate. I'm always looking for good stuff and have still never really liked what I've found. I'll have to try this!
I too LOVE Pound Plus bars. I just picked some up the other day myself :) Ikea, chocolate, Cafe Rio (minus the hair), and the temple Christmas lights - sounds like pleasure overload! I love the holidays!
You're a busy girl!!!! I swear by having my grout professionally cleaned and sealed at least once a year! Would love it if Santa would have mine cleaned, it's kind of gross!! I wish we were closer to our temple and didn't have a two hour drive. We don't go as often as I'd like to.
Post a Comment