Running in Place

December 28, 2010

L*A*Z*Y

A week and a half without bootcamp and early rising is making me feel so darn lazy!!! The days that I don't get up early to run I find myself staying in bed too late and moving like a snail to get things moving around here. I'm lucky that my kids are old enough that they can get up and take care of themselves, but it makes it easy to be LAZY!! I stayed in bed until 8:30 this morning {I had 2 kiddos sleep until after 9 AM ... unheard of around here}. Then I folded laundry for over an hour (yes, the piles had taken over). I have usually worked out, straightened the house, put away dishes, run a load of laundry, and folded the laundry from the day before by 8:30 AM - Oh, the joy of a schedule!!!

I did do something nice in my state of laziness ... I made waffles for breakfast {at 10 AM}! I rarely make breakfast around here so the kids were thrilled ;) I also have bacon and sausage thawed and ready to make later this week - I'm planning to make cinnamon rolls and even breakfast burritos (on 2 different days, of course ... wouldn't want to shock anyone)!

Cougar got his light sabers back today ... he had them taken away for hitting people and causing tears one too many times ... and promptly brought them to Papa so they could fight.

Once we had everyone moving in the forward direction, we loaded up the crew and headed to Target so the kids could spend their gift cards that Mamo and Papa had sent for Christmas. Cougar was THRILLED to find the shield he had desperately wanted and the girls all found things that they loved.

What did I get myself at Target? TREATS, of course!! Gotta love holiday candy on clearance ;)

After our shopping trip we met Steve at Paradise Bakery {obsessed much?} for lunch ... Yum-O!! Kendyl and I had a table to ourselves since there were no tables big enough for our group. Her sandwich was as big as her head!!

We headed home to be lazy again ... I did some work - Hybrid Project Friday this week, Ed read a book {aka took a nap}, Pam and the kiddos played outside. I love the pics of Cougar taking a "picture" of me with Kendyl's new Barbie camera!

And look what I polished off today ... not exactly sure where they came from {okay, I know they're from Trader Joe's but I don't know how they got in my pantry - I'm guessing Grammy} but I did not share a single one and I ate the entire box in the past 5 days. Lucky for me there were only 10 in the box!! They were massive and delicious and I'm pretty sure it's a good thing that Trader Joe's isn't around the corner or I would be going back for more (and hoping I could find some on clearance)!!!

I did make a good dinner tonight to redeem myself from my sheer laziness ... lemon cream pasta, rolls, corn, and pears (that I had canned this fall). I guess I should quit thinking of it as lazy and consider it "laid back," right? Low key ... unstructured. It's sometimes hard to remember that it's okay to sit down and just BE every once in a while.


2 comments:

Miss Kris said...

So funny...your lazy days sound like my good days :) I'm happy to get my teeth brushed some days, especially with my two crazy monkeys running around!

Cougar's lightsaber made me laugh - we have a sword at our house that spends more time in timeout than out of it.

Jen Wolff said...

Let's change the word from "lazy" to "well deserved vacation" ;0)!! We all deserve days like these!!! Although having days like these make returning to a schedule painful!!! Hmmm??Thinking I need to be heading to Target for some Holiday candy!! All of mine has disappeared!