Running in Place

December 14, 2010

On the Second Day of Christmas ...

Today we became the proud owners of 116 sq. ft. of Giallo Fiorito granite. Whoa. It's getting kinda real around here!! I won't go into all of the gorey details, but we looked at this granite before our trip and didn't love it ... it wasn't what we were expecting based on the small sample we had seen. We went back this morning with our cabinet door and floor tile to look at 2 other types and didn't like either of them - they seemed too "generic" with our current materials!! So we revisited the Fiorito and looked at a few different bundles and found some that we loved! It's not at all what we anticipated choosing but I can't wait to see it in my kitchen ... on FRIDAY!!!!

Tuesday means LUNCH DATE!! These are the two I got to spend my afternoon with ... love them!!

We tried to get a picture of me and Beth together and this is what Cougar captured - we laughed so hard while he was trying to take pictures with my phone!!

Unfortunately, with Alex being in school this year, Cougar seems to tire of our lunch dates sooner than I would like. This is what we ended up with this afternoon ... nothing says clean like rolling around on the doormat of a restaurant.

Tonight we had Ashton's choir concert at school - it was fabulous!! They had a jukebox 50's type theme and it was so fun. Ashton had a speaking part and had it perfectly memorized!

Please note the converse high tops with her skirt. It doesn't help that my children have no shoes that fit them, but this speaks to her personality to a T!! She often tells me she is not a "girly girl" and I love that she is true to herself :D

Ashton and Bryce have been in the same class more than once now in the past 5 years and he is just darling ... and we love his entire family!! They are such great buddies and I appreciate the sweet friendship they have.

Similar to the doormat incident, Cougar went a little crazy after the concert, too ... it was getting late and he hadn't had a nap for the day!


2 comments:

rebecca said...

First of all, love that Cougar! He makes me laugh;) And Ashton is such a fun girl! That's why Kordin has always liked hanging out with her;) Yay for Granite:)

Miss Kris said...

I think I'm almost as excited for your new kitchen as you are :) Can't wait to see the after pictures!