Running in Place

November 1, 2010

Goodly Parents

Today I'm grateful for goodly parents. Steve and I are both lucky to have been raised in awesome families. Our parents have been so supportive of us and our adventures over the past 13 years as a family as well as for our entire lives before that!! It is so fun to now see our kids learning from our parents and watching them as grandparents.


I'm especially grateful today because my parents have been set apart as missionaries and entered the Missionary Training Center today!! They are serving in the Church Administration and Family History mission and will be overseeing a now pilot program that the church is working with - they will work with church leaders throughout Southern California in developing this new program {called the Yaunt Fund ... similar to the Perpetual Education Fund but in the U.S.} and will then meet with leaders in SLC to provide feedback and work to help refine and improve the program. There is A LOT that is unknown about what they will be doing and what to expect as they serve, but I am so proud of them for finally making the decision ... we've been trying to convince them to turn in their papers for years!!!


0 comments: