There is nothing that will get me in the mood for the holidays faster than my beloved Christmas Music {well, holiday candy gets me in the mood, too, but that is another story for another day!!}!!! I just love this time of year and the sounds of the season! I actually left all of my Christmas CDs in the car all year and even admit to slipping one in every now and then over the past 11 months ;) I broke out one of my all-time favorites on Sunday as we drove to church and was reminded just how grateful I am for the songs that help us remember the reason we celebrate this time of year. While not all Christmas music is spiritually based, I love that almost all of the songs have uplifting messages and reminders of all of the good things that the holidays bring - family, snow (unless you live in AZ, thank heaven), service, kindness, love, food, celebrations, Christ.
I love the Three Kings album by Eclipse ... the harmonies are amazing! You can actually listen to all of the tracks HERE. I got it a few years ago and it is the first one I listen to now. I have several others that I love and look forward to buying a new one CD every year. Feel free to offer your suggestions!
On another exciting note, the tree goes up tomorrow ... 2 days early! A bit less exciting, I also decided that we won't be sending out Christmas cards this year - try not to be too disappointed. With the mess in our kitchen and the expense involved there, an upcoming week long vacation, procrastinating getting a photo session set up, and plenty of other programs and parties in the mix, I just felt like it was one.more.thing. I actually feel relieved to have made the decision so early so I can just enjoy the rest of the holidays without feeling the guilt of not having my cards ready! We're planning to have photos taken after the new year and will likely send something out in the spring ... won't it be a fun surprise when it arrives?


3 comments:
I have spent the last hour on iTunes looking for new Christmas music! I am like you and love to get a new CD every year! We are leaving for St. George tomorrow and I wanted some "new" music to listen to! I am listening to eclipse as I type this... so thanks for the suggestion! I don't know if you or your girls like Taylor Swift, but she just came out with a Christmas album that is good! :)
I have loved your posts every day of things you are grateful for, so fun to read!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh and I'm jealous that your NOT doing Christmas cards!!! They are SO stressful!
My old roommate was really good friends with one of the guys from Eclipse (he died of cancer a few years ago. SAD), so I LOVE Eclipse. I've been so several of their concerts!
Lovely album. Thanks for sharing! I love new Christmas music, and I hadn't run across this album before.
Post a Comment