Running in Place

November 11, 2010

Freedom

*photo by the lovely Laurie Pecotte

With today being Veteran's Day I felt it only appropriate to express my gratitude for the many freedoms that I enjoy. To live in a country where my rights and freedoms are protected, where I can have my voice heard, cast my vote, practice my religion, hold my head high, wear what I want, and feel safe and protected. I am grateful to those who have, do, and will continue to fight to preserve those rights for all of us.

Not only that, but I am grateful for my freedom to make choices. Sometimes I wish there weren't so many choices to be made, that one choice wouldn't affect so many others, or that someone else could make decisions for me. I am, however, in the end, extremely grateful for my right to choose and the opportunity I have to learn and grow from my choices and experiences.


1 comments:

Ginger said...

Loved your words of gratitude as well as the beautiful photo representing so many things precious and true!