Running in Place

November 10, 2010

Whippy Cake

I know it may seem funny to be grateful for something like this, but I am grateful for Whippy Cake. If you aren't familiar, your really MUST pop over for a peek!! Gorgeous hair accessories in a HUGE variety of shapes, sizes, and colors ... Mmmmm ... love them all! I feel underdressed when I don't have one in my hair now!

But I love Whippy Cake for more than just the sassy feel the appliques give me {yes, they make me feel hip and cute ... even when I'm not} - I have learned that the girl behind the name is an incredibly generous and thoughtful person in addition to being an extremely talented crafter and business owner. Becki (who I found out - after placing my first order - is actually the sister of a girl that I go to church with ... can you say small world?) has shared several stories on her blog about her giving heart and the good that she has done for others. The best part is how humble she is and how grateful she is for these opportunities. I believe she is one of those rare "pay it forward" kind of people. The world would be a MUCH better place if more people looked for opportunities to serve others the way that Becki does. A few of her posts that were especially inspiring to me are HERE, HERE, and HERE - I would love to do the same thing on my 40th birthday next year!!

Every time I wear one of my headbands it makes my heart happy which I am sure is what Becki has done for so many with her fabulous products and generous spirit!! I also happen to get compliments on my headbands EVERY time I wear them. How could I not be grateful for that?!?


2 comments:

Jen Wolff said...

Hehehe! I have the same one you are wearing in the in the picture! I have a gift certificate and am stewing over which one I want next. Whippycake does make me happy also.

becki said...

I didn't think I was a cryer but I guess I am now. Thank you so much for such sweet words and thoughts. I'm completely overwhelmed by this post and your example to me. I'm so entirely thankful to you and your sweet sweet heart. You're amazing!!!