I am trying my very hardest not to complain too much about our kitchen situation. And, for the most part, I've kept a very positive attitude through the past two weeks. Today, however, I really longed for the opportunity to load my sink full of dishes into a dishwasher rather than standing over a well below countertop height, very deep, one bowl temporary sink with no countertop.
I never realized just how grateful I was to have a dishwasher until a few weeks ago. It's something I've had most of my grown life. Now, don't get me wrong ... I wash dishes by hand, too. In fact, there are many of my dishes that have never seen the inside of a dishwasher. But keeping up with the amount of dishes that a family of 6 go through is a pain - especially without a counter to place the large amount of dishes on.
We actually picked up our new dishwasher today and I would have LOVED to have hooked it up to start running my first load of dishes! Instead, it will sit in my garage and wait until we can actually get some work done in our kitchen so that it can be installed. Until then, I will reflect on just how grateful I am for the new dishwasher that I do have and the remembrance that my life {and kitchen} could be so much worse. Boy, do I feel like a whiner for complaining ....


1 comments:
We are SO lucky to have all of these modern appliances. It really hurts when we don't have them.
I vote for all paper plates and paper cups!
Post a Comment