Running in Place

November 23, 2010

Mid-rise Stretch Denim

*I'm hoping to add this pair {or one similar} to my wardrobe soon! I DO have a birthday coming up ....

I'm putting it out there ... stretch denim is the only way to go for this girl!! Whoever the rocket scientist was that invented it should have won a Nobel Prize, in my opinion. I have one pair of jeans that has little to no stretch in them and they are my LAST resort - you know - the ones you only wear when everything else is dirty! There is something about my jeans actually fitting my body and *giving* just enough to make sitting down comfortable.

Now, almost equally important to the stretch factor is the rise. With low rise {and super low rise *shudder*} jeans being so hugely popular these days it can be difficult to find a pair of jeans that cover the way I prefer to be covered. Too much info, perhaps, but I'm a "tell it like it is" kinda girl. Stacy & Clinton would be proud of me. This *nearing 40*, mother of 4 body of mine, regardless of my fitness level, should not be wearing low rise jeans.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way ... even if I'm the only one who will admit my undying gratitude for the comfort of Mid-rise Stretch Denim!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! It is amazing the simple things that give us pleasure and happiness when you sit down and think about it :) Nobody looks good in low-rise jeans even tiny teenagers look like they have muffin top! They should all be burned :)

Jill Knotwell said...

Please tell where these magic makers are sold!

Heather said...

You know, muffin top is exceedingly cute, but I don't pull it off very well. It's best tucked back into said mid-rise stretch denim jeans.

I totally agree with this post. Amen!

Natalie said...

I am SO with you on this one! Mid-rise stretch is the ONLY way to go!! Low rise looks terrible on MOST.