Running in Place

November 21, 2010

My Husband

I'm pretty sure there are no words to explain just how truly grateful I am for my husband. I picked a winner, for sure. He has always known what he wanted to do professionally and worked hard through all those years of school to make it happen for himself and for our family. He is always willing to help others. He is a fabulous father. He washes dishes. He supports me and my dreams. He doesn't complain when the house isn't as clean as it should be. He *should* golf more often but doesn't because he chooses to spend that time with us. He eats at Paradise Bakery with me ... even when he'd rather eat at Chipotle. He never complains when I do something that MORE than deserves complaint. He trusts me with the finances and doesn't question how I do things. He has big home improvement ambitions {and has even finished some of them!}. He ran a 10K with me when he didn't really want to. He has supported (and continues to support) me in every church calling I've had. He remembers everything that I say that I want ... even in passing ... and often surprises me at Christmas or my birthday with something I mentioned months ago. He honors his priesthood and blesses our home with it. He supports all of my "extra curricular" activities. He plays Legos with {and without} Cougar for hours. He never complains about all of the meetings on his calendar. He is patient with me - even when I'm not patient with myself. He doesn't let the little things get to him. He makes me laugh. He makes me a better person.

I'm sure I could go on and on about all that he does for me and my family. We are so blessed to have him to lead our family by his example. It doesn't hurt that he's incredibly handsome, either ... man, do I love him!!!


3 comments:

andreamatrix said...

:)
S

Miss Kris said...

*He plays Legos with {and without} Cougar for hours*

That made me laugh out loud. Jay is the same way! I would say Steve is pretty lucky to have you too!

Jill Knotwell said...

Those are some dang cute pics! You do have a pretty sweet husband and I sure love having him as a big brother.