Running in Place

November 19, 2010

Kitchen Sink

I had no idea when I started blogging about the things I am grateful for that my kitchen sink would be included in my list. It is something that, until a few days ago, I used consistently without any thought or appreciation for. Boy, has that changed!!! I never realized just how many "quick trips" we make to the kitchen sink every day! Wiping off faces, cleaning countertops, dropping crumbs in the basin, rinsing fingers, stacking dishes, getting rid of uneaten food, filling water cups, supplying our ice machine ... apparently it serves a lot more purposes than I imagined. While the kitchen destruction has been annoying and the fans have been loud, I think the hardest part has been to be without our beloved sink.

Today they installed a temporary sink for us {and removed the 3 fans and 2 humidifiers that have been running non-stop since Tuesday - YAY!!}. The kids are completely intrigued by it. It is flimsy and made of plastic and makes a hollow sound when you run water in it, but there is a sink in my kitchen and I COULD NOT be more happy about that!! Now if I can just get used to not having a countertop next to my sink for drying dishes that I am washing by hand ....


1 comments:

Beckie said...

This kitchen catastrophy is awful!
On the plus side, it will be fun to change up a few things.
I'm guessing your next post will tell us how grateful you are for your dishwasher. ;)