I'm always grateful for an excuse to have a movie night with our family - we love the time to throw all caution to the wind, eat loads of candy, and pile onto the couches {or the floor} with blankets and each other to spend 2 hours together. Tonight was our first chance to watch Toy Story 3 since buying it earlier this week. We had seen it in the theater months ago but we are always counting down to the DVD releases of our fave movies that we've seen in the theater. Other recent favorites are How to Train Your Dragon (which Cougar wants to watch every day) and we're counting down to Despicable Me being released on December 14th and Ramona & Beezus coming out next week ... especially since we never got to see that one!
It's not just about DVD movies that we have seen in the theater, either. Another movie night excuse is a DCOM release. In case you don't know what that is, it's a Disney Channel Original Movie. In fact, I'm pretty sure that one of our first "official" movie nights was when High School Musical was released on Disney Channel years ago. I can't begin to tell you the number of DCOMs that we have counted down to {for weeks and sometimes months - can you say Camp Rock 2?}!!! Funny thing is that I look forward to most of these movies just as much as my girls. Yes, I just wrote that and posted it on the web ... and I'm almost 39. What a thrilling life I lead, huh?!?
Let's not forget the candy buffet ... the kids love that part of it! We usually give everyone the chance to pick a favorite treat and we put them all out and give everyone their own bowl to fill with goodies :D Our menu tonight consisted of gummy bears, sour apple rings, peach rings, plain m&ms, peanut butter m&ms, york peppermint patties, starburst, skittles, tootsie rolls, red vines, and twizzlers- as if the Halloween candy we still had in our house wasn't quite enough. All of this after we had scones for dinner {with cinnamon sugar, honey, and homemade raspberry jam}. Pretty sure that may have earned me Mother of the Year tonight!!


3 comments:
I want to come to your movie nights!!! Man, too bad you don't live closer ;)
Oh goodness! Looks like alot of fun, but you know at our movie night we eat broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and anything else that we can dip in ranch. Fat free and sugar free ranch ;)
What a cute idea to have a candy buffet. I had bought Jack TS3 for XMAS while the two older kids were with me at Walmart. They have been complaining since so I might just have to bust it out. I am kinda eager to see it also. Why aren't you in your jammmies????????
Post a Comment