I miss the TV show Alias terribly. It was our "never miss" for years! It all started one Christmas when we were all visiting my parents and we caught an Alias marathon. My SIL AnnaMarie and I could not peel ourselves away from the television - neither of us had ever seen it before and we were hooked!! Each episode left you wanting for more ... that is good TV in my opinion. I had a sudden longing for Sydney Bristow and friends (and enemies) when Brinley came home from school last week and told me that she and her friend at school were now spies.They had certified themselves (with real handmade certificates) and she wondered if I would like her to work for me as a spy. She promptly drew up a contract for me to fill out letting her know which days I'd like her to spy for me (Tuesdays and Saturdays) and who I would like her to spy on (my children and husband). I filled it out, signed it, and officially had a spy working for me :) Imagine my surprise when I was talking on the phone last Saturday and she slid a piece of paper under my nose that read:
Spy Report
Kendyl is climbing the stairs.
Ashton's telling her to.
Cougar is trying to play with books.
Cougar's climbing on the baskets.
Kendyl's watching TV.
Ashton is going to the bathroom.
I had to giggle just a little at her efficiency!! That's my Brinley, though. Incredibly imaginative and dedicated to whatever she sets her mind to. In her mind she was fulfilling her spy assignment. What is even better is that she decided she would train Ashton to be a spy, too! She, of course, is working for Steve ;) I stumbled upon Brinley's "training manual" the other day. It reads:
How To Spy
1. hide
2. secretly look
3. write what you see
4. quietly leave the room or area where the person is
Just in case you'd like to become a spy yourself :) I'm sure she'd send you a certificate!


9 comments:
Our kids bless us with so many good memories. How cute it this spy thing. I love it. So sorry to hear about you all being under the weather. Hope you all are healthy soon. Hugs-
Is Brinley for hire? I need her to follow Fido around and tell me when he needs to go outside, if you know what I mean. Better yet, I need her to train my kids to be a spy so I can have four spying on Fido. He is enemy #1 right now. To me.
Get feeling better! We need to go to lunch or dinner or breakfast or somewhere!
Oh, and I miss Sydney too. :(
That is just about the cutest thing I have ever heard!!! How fun! Hey and thanks to turning me on to Crazy 8! Where have I been!!! I just love buying clothes too much and more so for my kids then myself!
Oh, I not only miss Sydney but that handsome devil Will too. (I always hoped they would get together if she and Vaughn didn't work out.) I miss!!
xoxo AMR
I remember when Alias first premiered. Nat and Chris were over at our house that night and Chris and Jimmie were trying to make me watch something else (telling me it was going to be dumb), but I was determined to check out this new show, 'Alias.'
I never missed a single episode! I loved that show more than my luggage!
Kari, how well I remember that excited racing pulse that the Alias music would bring on. I have to admit that I secretly watch Alias when I'm folding the laundry. That and re-read the Twilight books. Hope you're getting along well!
Kari, I love Brinley's imagination and efficiency! (they will take her far) I have a trench coat & some "shades"...is my certificate in the mail??? Hope you are all feeling better soon!
I know where to go when I need some serious investigation!!! How much does Brinley charge per hour? :D Precious, precious story, you should do a LO with her report scanned in. ;)
Post a Comment