She decided to get her ears pierced and she is completely in love with her earrings. I think she was a bit traumatized at first (it hurt just a tad more than I think she was expecting ... she said it hurt more than a shot - which is obviously what she was comparing it to beforehand) but after the shock wore off she couldn't take her eyes off of her ears! We went to several other places in the mall that night before going home and she found the mirror in every store so she could gaze at her new "bling." She also showed them to every person who even turned their head in her direction :) Now all she talks about is how excited she is for the day she can change them and wear some ones that dangle. Lucky for me that is about 5 weeks from now ... heaven help me!!
We got to have the usual birthday dinner at Red Robin. This has become a tradition that we all look forward to. We dropped Ashton and Kendyl off at babysitting group and then took Brinley out to dinner. I love when we get these one on one times with the kids. It is a rare chance when we get to focus all of our energy on "just them" and I think they cherish that time with us as much as we do.
She got spoiled once again with more gifts than any child should receive for a birthday... a new scooter, Hannah Montana barbies and game, music for her Disney MixMax player, clothes, a HUGE art kit, money (that she wants to spend on new earrings), and I imagine a few other things that I can't remember. She got chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and requested mint brownies rather than a cake this year (yes, she is ALSO her mother's daughter)! It really was a wonderful day. She is growing into such a lovely young lady and we are so pleased with the choices she is making and the things she is accomplishing!



(click to enlarge and read journaling)
Credits:
Modish Girl Kit and Piece-a-Cake Album by Shabby Princess
CK Twilight font
Credits:
Modish Girl Kit and Piece-a-Cake Album by Shabby Princess
CK Twilight font


9 comments:
If it makes you feel ANY better, my DD's birthday was the 21st, party the 26th, nothing posted. We went to SBXP XLIII on Friday, nothing posted. . . I could go on, but. . .
I'm still up frantically cutting hearts (I love you for loaning me your Cricut!) but of course I just started and the activity is on *(GULP)* Saturday. . . Of course my week is booked and I have no idea when or how I'm going to finish! So I'm reading your blog while the Cricut cuts and my printer whirls. . .
Love your Spy story too. . . My oldest went through a fun spy age when we first moved in. . . She still has her spy journals too. LOL!!! Never saw the show, but I bet we'd like it!
Hope you are all feeling better too!
What a lovely tribute to your daughter's birthday! I have to admit to not attempting birthday photos yet, but hmmmmmm....this makes me tempted!
Great job!
Very cute! Love the modish girl stuff. Well done, my friend!
What a fun Birthday. You are such a good mom with all the fun things you do. Love your pages....can't wait to take my class. Great memories Kari!
YIPEE! Brinley has bling, thats my girl. I cant wait for the dangly ones. (he he) Sounds like you guys are nothin but a party, Oh, and the choc. chip pancakes and mint brownies MMMMMMMMMM simply scrumptious. Very cute B-day LO's. XOXO Teisha
Super cute!!!! Just make sure the dangles has posts on them!!!!! It takes 6 months for the holes to officially set and you don't want to change them to thinner hoop or different sizes other than a post or they'll set too small! Just a little info from someone who used to pierce ears for a living! Super cute though!
AWWWW! So cute!!! Looks like she had a great birthday. What a super mom you are!
These are excellent - you've definitely found the digi mojo!!!
Happy birthday brinley!!! How, how, how could I have missed this??? Great layouts, mom!!! :D
Post a Comment