Running in Place

February 26, 2008

A few funnies ...

I know it's been forever since I posted pictures or a layout ... not much to take pictures of when the house is diseased and everyone looks terrible (although I did take a few pictures to use on a "sick" layout)!! Hopefully we can get back in our groove. Just when I thought we'd seen the light at the end of the VERY LONG sick tunnel I've got kids with snotty noses, coughs, and complaints or sore ears again!!! Will it never end?! Sounds to me like we need a vacation to air this place out ;)

Just had to share a couple of kid funnies from this past week. Ashton brought home some papers from school that made me laugh so I had to make sure to record them for posterity. The first was a little booklet entitled "If I Were President." This, of course, was in honor of President's Day. Her booklet read like this (all spelling left intact):
If I were President, the first thing I would do is eat a bowl of ice cream sundays. (my kinda girl)
If I were President, I would eat apples.
If I were President, I would travel to New York Citey.
If I were President, I would have a pet hampstr named president hampstr. (very original, no?)
Comments: I wud make black peple and white peple go to the same school. (obviously my daughter has seen "Hairspray" more than enough times with explanations on segregation)

And of course, the "Steve" in her comes through in this next writing example. The assignment was to write one "super sentence" describing who did what, when, and where. Here is what she came up with:

The stinky pig toots on the farm at lunch.

I couldn't help myself when I read it .... I think I remember Steve giving her high 5's for that one. What must her teacher think?! Actually, her teacher knows us pretty well at this point so I'm sure it came as no surprise ;)

One last funny - Kendyl loves to say our family prayer in the morning before the girls head off to school. It's pretty much the same most days ... bless Brinley, Ashton, and Kendyl to have a good day at school (on the days she goes to school), bless Daddy to have a good day at work, help Mommy and Cougar run around the house all day ... WHAT?! Apparently I'm always running around the house in her eyes. It makes me smile every time she says it. At least she thinks I'm staying busy ;) If only I could be as productive as she makes me sound!!

Promises for some sort of layout within days ... I'm ITCHING to get some scrapping done!!!

21 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

So sorry to hear you've all been sick. We've had our fair share and if all goes well we'll being having a tonsil/adenoidectomy this Friday and another one next month. . . Oh joy!

Anyway, loved the funnies and as they say, "out of the mouth of babes!"

Hope to see some great art soon!

Lois Michael said...

Don't you just love the things they say. What a hoot about the stinky pig. I laughed too. I think I am going to vote for Ashton for President. Too cute! Hope you all get well soon!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the sick. I vote for the vacation too! And come to Hawaii while you're at it! I'd love to meet you.
Get better and don't run around the house too much! :-)

brooke said...

Loved your funnies! Just what I need to read this morning - made me smile. So sorry to hear that you still have the "ickies" running around your house. I hope things start getting better - I can't wait to see more of your layouts.
I for one need some inspiration :)

Amie said...

We've all been sick at our house for what seems like months. Once I think we're finally over it...it starts all over again. I wonder where we can all purchase some kind of bubble for our children to live in??? The funnies were hilarious! Very creative. Alex's primary teacher tells me all sorts of things that he shares with the whole class. I think that she knows the Wright family a little bit better than she wished! :)

Tori said...

Good thing you are running around the house...cuz you aren't running anywhere in anticipation of April 19th!!! ;)

Kasey said...

I love Kendyl's prayer. At least she praying about you being busy and not about you having a good time watching TV and eating bon bons! Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Unknown said...

Love the funnies! Ashton's super sentence is great, sounds like the Holt in her for sure! Hope everyone gets better! Love you all!

Heather said...

I absolutely love Kendyl's name. But it doesn't go well with our last name (Lee)... sounds more like candlelight. :D

Your children are absolutely adorable and bright. Must have something to do with someone that runs around the house all day!

Okay, gotta get the Crazy Beautiful kit - I admire your blog header and stare at it each time I visit your bloggy.

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

LOL!
How did you get your kids to understand how busy you are during the day?
Mine think I don't have anything to do. Especially because they (THINK they) do ALL the housework themselves! Hah!
Someday they'll appreciate me. Right? Right?
--Beckie W.

Carol said...

Kari you girls made me laugh! How adorable they are.
Carol :-)

Carolyn Hansen said...

I can picture you "running around" the house now! Loved the cute writing examples too and that you save them. The girls will crack up when they reread them with older eyes.

Jill Knotwell said...

I remember those days for vividly. I miss you guys and cant wait to see you again. John won't let me post any surgery pics until he has way with photoshop.

Anonymous said...

I love it, your kids are very creative! How good of you to document it..I usually call Ross after they do something or say something funny and then forget to write it down. I love Kendyl's prayer, I am sure you are VERY productive, how else do pull of the amazing things that you do? Not by sitting around watching Gilmore Girls like me!

Chrystal said...

So cute!

I'm itching to get some scrapping done, too. Can someone just push pause please?

Jackie said...

sorry you have been sick...hard when you got a family for it not to run thru everyone....Hopefully you are all well soon......

Love the stories that your daughter wrote..and the prayer of your other one :) Too cute

Angela2932 said...

Glad you're on the mend! i feel like I should send you a can of Lysol and sign you up for the Antibiotic-of-the-month Club! I think there's lots of great digiscrapping lurking in those wonderful quotes from your family!

andreamatrix said...

Too funny! I love President Hampstr and the stinky pig.

Ann said...

This is so funny. Kids say the best things.

Heather said...

Kari,

I miss you! Come back soon!

John Knotwell said...

Love, love, love the annectdotes. Ashton, you keep talking about pigs tooting, and Kendyl you keep on praying girl!