Running in Place

February 1, 2008

Our health report

I have a list of things to blog about, some recipes to post, and I've been working on a few layouts tonight, but since we've got several sick ones in the house right now I just don't have the energy (I'm one of the sick ones - although probably the best of the bunch)! Poor little Cougar has had a terrible cold for at least a week now with fever, gross snotty nose, cough, and trying to cut 2 eye teeth on top of it all! Lucky for me that sweet boy is just as happy when he's sick for the most part ... just not sleeping quite as well. Ashton came home from school early today because her teacher called and said she just wasn't herself and complained about not feeling well. She went to the nurse and wasn't running a fever so they wouldn't send her home but I picked her up based on her teacher's recommendation. She looked lethargic but didn't feel warm so we headed home and got her into some PJs so she could rest on the couch and watch a movie. Within the hour she was reading 102.4 degrees!! 2 hours on Motrin only brought her down to 101.5 degrees. Two hours on Tylenol and she was still above 101 degrees. Clearly not feeling well and now complaining about her head, neck, and stomach hurting. It wasn't long before she started throwing up - joy. She's already been up twice in the last hour to throw up and is back at 102.4 degrees so I have a feeling it may be a very long night. I hate when my kids are sick because I feel so helpless!! It does give me an excuse to slow down and take those extra minutes to cuddle, though. Maybe that's just what I need to help me feel better :) Either that or I'll start throwing up just as soon as Ashton is feeling better. I promise to post something with pictures tomorrow ... way too much text going on right now!!

16 comments:

Laurie said...

Hope you and your babies feel better soon! It is never any fun when your kids are sick. Hang in there and make sure to take care of yourself too. Love ya! :)

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you all are sick! I know exactly how you are feeling, having just been through this a week or so ago. I hope the kids and you all feel better very soon!

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Oh, Kari! It is just never fun to have sick kids, especially when they are running fevers and throwing up. The only thing that can make it worse it when Mommy is sick, too. Been there, done that, and am probably guaranteed to experience it all again a few more times over the years. Sending get well vibes your way!

Ljonezy said...

Kari - i hope everyone is starting to feel better. it's always horrible to sit and what them be sick and nothing you do really helps. Just cuddle and drink lots of liquids. Feel good vibes coming to you and your little ones.

Unknown said...

I hate when my kids are sick too!!! OOh they sound bad too!! I have much empathy for yah!!! Tell Ashton and little Coug to feel better and I hope you don't get sick!!! I don't know if you have sudacare vapor plugs? But they are the best to help with the sleeping at night!!! Love them! I mean if Cougar is having a hard time breathing at night! Well just one of my favorite products! Good Luck!

Anna Marie said...

Yuck!! We went through it last week.
If it makes you feel any better it hit hard but it was fast for us. We were all better within the week.
I wish I lived close and I'd bring you some homemade chicken noodle soup! xoxo AMR

Julie L. said...

Kari-

ooh....I am hoping that your family is on the mend quick....that is the worst feeling, you are right--when us Mommies feel helpless!

Get better soon everyone!

Unknown said...

Ohhh Kari, not good to read you are all ill! I hope you all start getting better soon! Sending you tons of ((((((hugs)))))

Anonymous said...

Aw, feel better! Being sick is no fun thing. :(

Carolyn Hansen said...

Yuck! Hope that you all are on the mend quickly. Doesn't this always happen on the weekend!

Kasey said...

That sounds like the same thing I (and Nat's entire family) had two weeks ago. I hear it's the bug sweeping the nation. Let's hear it for airplanes and how quickly they spread germs to all 50 states. (I delayed my flight by a day and did my best to not spread it!)

The good news is that it only lasts 24 hours. You'll both likely feel better tomorrow morning.

Chrystal said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sick kiddos - not to mention you! Feel better soon!!

Heather said...

Fighting the cruds over here too - feel better soon! {{{{hugs}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. those kids are so lucky that their mom is around to take care of them and cuddle and all. I must say, being sick as a kid actually gave me some great memories! My mom would always make homemade soups and I just loved that!
Take care, Aloha, Sarah

Carol said...

Kari I hope Cougar, Ashton and yourself all start to recover pretty soon. I agree, a great time for cuddles. Don't worry about jobs, just all sit together and have big cuddles.
Thanks for checking up on Fletcher at school.
Carol :-)

Brandy said...

Get better already will ya?! Hope all of you are onto a speedy recovery--it stinks when your kiddos are sick but, it is even worse when you are sick on top of that!