Running in Place

February 13, 2008

Valentines are DONE!

Well, lots going on right now that I need to write about ... just need some TIME which seems to be in short supply ;) Feels like my poor blog has been neglected so I thought I'd do a quick post to hold my faithful readership over!! I promise to get to the tags late tonight or tomorrow and I've got more pics to post from various things. Hoping to get caught up a bit on the blog (aka journal) this weekend while the kiddos are out of school before our fun visitors - Jill and Kasey - descend the next 2 weekends :)

I worked on the girls' valentines last night and got them all ready for delivery! I got to combine my digi skills and paper know-how to create these little matchbooks. The girls loved that they had their pictures on them and I loved that they only had one piece of securely attached candy! Kendyl wanted fruit snacks in hers but the big girls were all about York Peppermint Hearts ... they are MY children, after all!! I think they turned out pretty cute and the girls are all thrilled to give them to their friends.



19 comments:

Lois Michael said...

OMG these are too stinking cute. What a good Mom you are.

Anonymous said...

Kari...I LOVE THESE!!! Give yourself a pat on the back. They are so adorable (I'm so impressed)!

Tori said...

These turned out so cute! Wish my boys would go for the hearts. It's hard to make Valentine's Day "macho."

Kasey said...

Wow! Those are the coolest valentines ever! You are a super mom. :)

Carol said...

Kari these are so cute. Your daughters friends are going to love them.
Carol :-)

Laurie said...

Those are so cute, Kari!!! I absolutely love them! Great job!

Julie L. said...

Kari--

Lovin' the Valentines! That SMJ Love Shack kit--doesn't it ROCK!? Your matchbooks are the cutest idea!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea Kari. I wish I would have thought of that- or seen your idea earlier for my kids- they would have loved giving a Valentine like that to their friends. You are such a good mom. Katie English

Anna Marie said...

Okay shove my tutorial! Bring it on Kari! I am making a formal request for you to share the wealth and the knowledge. I love them! Please teach me some day. Happy Valentines Day to you!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Okay, you make me look terrible! I always think I'm doing something really neat and you top me everytime! You are going to have to help me with my pages for this suprise or mine will look like complete trach compared to yours! They are just perfect as you are!

Unknown said...

Super cute valentines, Kari! I may just have to borrow that idea next year! :)

Heather said...

Hey, we made something like this too! Great minds think alike!

Unknown said...

These are darling Kari! I wish I was that creative. I did make some cute bookmarks to give to my class; such a teacher thing I know but hey, whatever!

GT Cindy said...

Oh, these are darling! I love that the are unique, just hate the store bought, run of the mill valentines. I'll have to do this next year.

Stacy F. from Arkansas said...

These are SO cute!! Great job...

Rachele Funk said...

Somehow I missed these! My kids need a new mother!

Oh, BTW, you are tagged for the Middle Name Game. . . see my blog for rules!

Hugs!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

WOW!! These are awesome!

I'm a bit crafty, too! I made the sour cream containers (which you might have seen on splitcoast) for my son's class. Wish I had taken some pics!

This will be my project next year. Great idea!

Rosander said...

This is so cute! I'm totally going to use it for our valentines next year! If you don't mind. I love it!

Rosander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.