Running in Place

March 5, 2008

A Visit with Kasey

Well, it finally happened ... Kasey got to come for a visit!! The last time I saw her was well over 3 years ago (Kendyl was a baby). The years and distance have kept us apart and although we talk on the phone much less than I would like to we are always able to pick up right where we left off and laugh about the fun times we had back in college :) I treasure our friendship more than she probably realizes.

We spent the weekend eating and watching movies!! I actually saw more movies in one weekend than I would normally see in almost a year! First thing was a trip across town to Cafe Rio for lunch - a favorite!! Steve came home Friday and told us to head out, so it was a complete Girls Night!! We had a great time catching a "double feature" with just enough time in between movies to hit the Cheesecake Factory for appetizers (and cheesecake for later). We saw 27 Dresses first and then came back to see The Other Boleyn Girl. Both were great in very different ways. We were so stuffed that we didn't even take a single bite of our refilled bag of popcorn during the second movie! Saturday we had lunch at Paradise Bakery - YUM!! That night we took the kiddos to babysitters group and headed back to the movie theater to see Vantage Point. It was also enjoyable - except for the really annoying guy sitting a few seats down who said "AGAIN?" (getting louder each time) every time the plot would rewind to see another perspective of the crime ... did he NOT read the story line before coming? Then it was off to Claim Jumper for more appetizers. Please note there were popcorn and big drinks at all movies as well ... total overload!!! It was so relaxing and fun to just sit, visit, and be together again - a nice break from what seems like a normally crazy life!!

The kids loved spending time with her, too. They got to show her all of their tricks, play the Wii with her, and smother her (which is something they like to do to anyone who visits). I wish they could see her more often but we will definitely take what we can get and be grateful for it ;) I made a layout with a few pictures of the kids with her. I've been dying to get some scrapping in and I finally did! Thanks again, K, for taking time out of your busy life to spend a few days with us - it means the world to me!

(click to enlarge)
Credits:
Word Art: Wild Sorbet Kit by Michelle Coleman (freebie)
Papers, flower, & rhinestone: Friends Forever Kit by Heather Ann Melzer
Template: 3x3 Basic Grid Template by LivE Designs

8 comments:

Lois Michael said...

Sounds as though you have a wonderful time creating more memories. I love your page. Your kids are so darn cute. Thanks for all the nice comments too. My screen name is lrmicha at JS, and YES I am addicted already!

Unknown said...

You shouldn't talk about food like that when people are trying to loose weight! Sounds like you had a great time.

Jill Knotwell said...

Did we forget that Aunt Beansy came to visit? Sounds like a way fun weekend!

Laurie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I am making Jeremy take me to see The Other Boleyn Girl this weekend. I just finished the book and I can't wait to see Eric Bana! :)

Anna Marie said...

Sounds like a great time...I'm thinking Aunt AMR needs to come for a visit too!

Natalie said...

What cute pictures of my sweet sistah. You know, we all should have an Aunt Kasey, don't you think!?!?

Heather said...

DH is considering Lasik too. But I think he's too chicken to go through with it. Boy, has your son grown! Kasey's so lucky to have such cute nieces and nephew. ;)

Kasey said...

Thanks for hosting me - it was WAY too much fun!