Running in Place

March 6, 2008

Beansy Can See!!

We were also lucky to be paid a visit a few weeks ago from Steve's sister Jill ... aka "Aunt Beansy." Actually, she is the lucky one - she wanted to have lasik eye surgery done and Steve used his "connections" to hook her up with a deal that was beyond amazing!! She flew in and we got to spend a few days taking her to and from appointments and enjoying her company. She also got a "hands on" look at how crazy things can get around here sometimes ;) John didn't trust that we'd take good enough care of her :) so he flew down the day of her surgery to offer his support (or give her a break from us - not sure). Steve also got to go with them to see the surgery performed. It was quick and painless (except for her vision going completely black for a moment - completely normal yet still unnerving) according to Jill. I think the hardest part for her was having to wear the shields over her eyes until the next morning. We went out to a fabulous dinner that night and Steve made a great point of making sure everyone noticed her stylish eyewear ... that's what big brothers are for, right?! It was such a treat to have them here and hope they might find another excuse to come see us again!
(click to enlarge)
Credits:
Wonderful Piece-a-Cake Album by Shabby Princess

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auntie's are the best! I bet she loved every minute with you entertaining family!

Unknown said...

Killer eye wear! I want to get the surgery done some day! I am actually finally going to go to the eye doctor soon and get contacts!!!! Scary stuff! I can't believe how big your kids are getting I saw their pics on Beansie's blog! Cougar is so cute, can't wait to meet him!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

That is an adorable page!! Is it a QP? Man, I need to head back over to SP!!

Julie L. said...

what a great page Kari! wow!! well done. Sounds like you had a fun visit with Aunt Beansy! I've had several friends do the lasik and they too LOVE it! pretty amazing stuff.

Jill Knotwell said...

Thanks for acknowledging! I love you guys.

Ann said...

Great about Auntie! How nice to see well. I love the LO.

John Knotwell said...

It really was all about the trust. :) It was great to see you guys. We will try to come down again soon. Hopefully soon doesn't equal 4 years.

Kimberly said...

Very cute page! I too intend to get lasik one of these days! I will also take one of these cute scrapbook classes! Congrats on your anniversaire! Kim

noel joy said...

super cute lo! love the colors, title & stars! so fun!