I started back on Weight Watchers yesterday, too. It is a plan that works for me when I stick to it and with Cougar's first birthday being just a few weeks away and painfully realizing I still need to get back in shape I knew drastic measures were the only solution. Such a bummer when I worked out so hard my entire pregnancy, but life with a new baby has a way of throwing off your schedule! I am also giving up soda and trying to stop eating at 8 PM ... guess that will have to be my new bedtime!! Now you can all hold me accountable ;)
We've been on the verge of 90 degrees for the past 2 days and I'm starting to think it may be time to turn the air conditioning on. I know a lot of you would love to dream of 90 degrees and A/C right now, but coming home to find my downstairs 81 degrees tonight and my upstairs 83 degrees was really not as pleasant as it sounds. Funny when I think we actually SET our thermostat to 80 degrees during the summer!!! Amazing how great it feels when coming in from 112 degrees!
Just one quick picture from Easter ... one of my favorites of Cougar checking out the goods!


27 comments:
I just have to tell you how very impressed I am that you are voluntarily entering a triathalon! Wow!
I'm also impressed at your plans to get more healthy! I have lots of plans to do just that, but my follow thru needs work.
And Cougar is adorable!!
Good luck!!!
Kari - wow you are really dedicated to your training for the triathalon! I can't tell you how proud of you I am. Keep up the good work and I'm sure Steve enjoyed riding with you on your date night.
Also love Cougar checking out his eggs!
Congrats on following thru! Good luck. You have to email me as to what ww you go to,Court & I joined to but we missed Monday. Cougar is a doll, love this shot. Can't wait to see the page on this one.
Congratulations on registration! I bet you'll do great! I need to get back on the exercise track. I've been sooo lazy recently. But you're inspiring - not sure I'll ever be ready to tackle a triathalon!
Kari--wow...you are officially registered--very cool. I'm with you about running, not something I enjoy, at all! :)
I did WW after the birth of both my girls, and it worked for me, too! I let myself creep up a few pounds around the holidays--so now, I am getting back on track too--those points add up quick, huh?! Good luck!
Wish I could say I had the willpower to give up my diet coke/pepsi!
Love the pic of Cougar!
Cut yourself some slack. . . You only live once and while I agree it should be healthful, killing yourself to do it isn't what it's about. . . Be proud you're brave enough to do this and enjoy it!
Kari, This is awesome. I'm impressed. Especially that you did not use date night as an excuse not to do the training but as an opportunity to do your training. That is DEDICATION. Good for you!
If I may offer the suggestion of not trying to do it all at once. It seems like training for a Triathlon, starting weight watchers again, quitting soda and not eat after 8pm is a lot to commit to and it can set yourself up for discouragement if you are not able to do it all right away.(which would be normal) Give yourself time. I gained 10-15 pounds (I obviously wasn't counting back then so I'm not sure exactly) over the holidays and I've lost 6 pounds already. I only lose 0.5 pound/week which is very low but at that rate the chance of the weight staying off is very high. I'm not doing anything drastic which also means I'll be able to sustain my regimen for a long time.
Again, so impressed with you. You inspire me. aloha, Sarah
Good luck in your triathlon, you are doing so well. You are motivating me to get out there and do something.
How cute is Cougar!
WOW a triathlon! That is major stuff. Good luck to you. When is it? See ya at the playground. Can't wait for Monday!
When is the date for your triathalon...I'm putting you in my prayers already you crazy person!
I am proud of you! Training sounds like it's going really well. Not eating after 8 is really a challenge but after the first few nights, it definitely gets easier, and it works! We do miss you at the gym though, it'll be good to have you back (you ARE coming back- right?!). Keep it up!
You make me sick!!! The woman who can do it all!!!! Bryan thinks your an over achiever! LOL!!! You make me look like I'm inadequate at everything!!! Well good luch with the triathalon and your pics and pages look great as normal!
No triathlon for me, but I do want to start running again. Now that we're in a neighborhood with sidewalks again, I just may start! If I were there I'd train with you. :)
What a handsome little man. Happy belated Easter!
Okay Kari who spilled the beans on the cartwheels? I at least have a picture that doesn't show too much of my G's, but I'm afraid John has some serious black mail on me!! However, I did get Jill's on video tape! I tucked my dress as best as I could!
wow,a triathlon how good and mad are you! Way to go Kari! Good luck with it and all your training! Not heard from in ages, hope you have been getting my other messages!
I am very proud of you for sticking to it! You are definitely a stronger person than me ;)
Good for you doing a triathalon, that sounds like a great way to get into shape (painful but good)! Oh, how I don't miss the summers in Phoenix, just reading the number 112 make me sweat! I am a little sick of the snow around here, this morning when I woke up to snow I was bummed. I thought those days were gone until next winter, I guess Utah really is in its own little world...! Cute pictures of Cougar examining his Easter Egg! I can't believe he is turning one, it seems like you just had him yesterday!
Awesome Kari!
I, too, just went back to WW. Of course Benson is now three... Good luck! Kids are cute! Kim
Congrats on all of your hard work. Getting back into shape after a baby is BRUTAL! I will shortly be joining you, well...not in the triathlon training but doing Weight Watchers and lots of exercise! Best of luck to you!
I am SO excited that you are going to do a triathlon! I just bought a book this weekend to get me motivated to become a runner. Baby steps for now, though. I just need to get out the door!
I really love that Easter photo. Good luck with the triathlon!
You are Tori ROCK for doing this. I'm so impressed. Thanks for the love at my blog - and for noticing my new header... I thought maybe nobody was reading since I ignored it so much lately!
Triathlon!! WOW..get me to walk down the street and i feel like i have done something!! Good for you!! Your pics are great!! see ya around the playground...
dewnie
kari- I have read this post a couple times (while looking for new posts) and just realized I never left you a comment. When is the date of your triathalon? What a good sport Steve is- to train with you on date night. I am glad I am in Prescott enjoy the 67 degree temperature in my home. Since I am still using the heat- looks like I wont be using A/C for a while.
Okay, I totally lurk here all the time and I didn't leave a comment until now?!?! Thought I did. I say you get yourself one of those spandex suits and strut what God gave ya! :) I am going to start training for a mini-triathlon starting May. I'm hurting just thinking about it.
I am just catching up...good job with your WW.....I know the work you are putting into it :) Heck I go to bed around 8 every evening...but then I don't have any little kids at home...but do get lots of good books read :)
Post a Comment