Running in Place

April 8, 2008

Miracles Happen

You are witnessing one ... a new post after FAR too long!! I won't begin to bore you with all of the reasons I haven't had/made the time to post lately. Let's just say my plate is full and I don't always do the best in the balancing act department ;) It's been PTA meetings, church meetings, digiscrapping class, helping out where needed in other areas, and did I mention I'm training for a triathlon?! I keep thinking "once I get _____ done then things will slow down so I can breathe." Unfortunately by the time I finish one thing it is on to another. The good news is that things are going well and getting accomplished!!

We have Stake Auxilliary Leadership Training coming up next week so we are busy planning for that. I got lucky and don't have to speak so I'm getting to do the fun stuff like invitations (which are already in the mail ... should have arrived today or tomorrow), creating notebooks and matching pens for the YW presidencies, and creating a sample notebook to help the leaders train their young women to be leaders themselves. All of it is time consuming but enjoyable - far more than having to prepare a talk (sorry, S)!!

Bigger than that meeting is the fact that my adorable baby boy is turning 1 on Sunday!! I can't believe a whole year has passed since that sweet little boy came to our home. Life has been enriched in so many ways in the past year and it has been so fun to see my girls shower our little guy with love. He is going for his first haircut tomorrow so he looks extra handsome for his birthday pics ... you know I'll be posting plenty!!

Onto triathlon news ... the race is a week from this Saturday and I am starting to get really nervous about the whole darn thing!! I feel like I have been training pretty hard for it - haven't missed a day (except for taking weekends off) for over a month now. Then I talk to others who are training and feel there is no way I will be ready by the 19th!! I am running 3+ miles consistently now without feeling like I will die. I've run the actual 3.2 miles outside a few times now and actually can't believe I can do it ... it is such an accomplishment for me!! I almost feel silly thinking about how proud of myself it makes me since I know that is such a little thing for many, but it is BIG for me and it makes me feel so good to think how far I've come in my running in such a short amount of time. I even ran the whole thing pushing a DOUBLE jogger with Kendyl AND Cougar in it the other day (with a potty break in the middle for Kendyl)!! I really need to work on transitioning from the bike to running the rest of this week and next ... and getting from the pool to dressed and on my bike. The photos of this event should be pretty entertaining ;) Hopefully Steve can get some good ones while trying to juggle 4 little ones cheering their mom on!

The airline we bought out tickets to Hawaii on (for our trip this summer) filed bankruptcy this week and canceled all of their flights, leaving us scrambling for tickets before prices skyrocketed due to the higher demand. We've had to file a claim with our credit card company but should be getting our money credited within 6-8 weeks. We actually got lucky and saved $150 with our new tickets ... even though we are now on a red-eye flight home rather than returning at a reasonable hour :(

My newest digital scrapbooking class started last Monday and it is beyond amazing. It is called Digi: In Deep and that is exactly what it is!!! I can't even begin to list the things I've learned in the first 2 lessons. It is challenging, exhilarating, frustrating, and empowering all at the same time! It is pushing me to try so many things I never would have imagined and is teaching me ways to do things in Photoshop that I never would have thought to try. Jessica is such a fabulous teacher and her resources and videos are worth way beyond what I've paid to take any of her classes. She'll be starting a new session of all her classes, starting with her beginning class, in May if you want to dive in. My newfound knowledge and relationships I've built through taking her classes have changed my life.

Okay, okay ... I'll wrap it up ... that is the drawback of not having posted for 2 weeks - You get all of the mish mash ramblings of my life in one long-winded post!! Thanks for hanging in there waiting for something new. Now if I could just get around to creating the new header and blog look that I've been itching to work on ... maybe after the race and my class ends ;)

16 comments:

Rachele Funk said...

Glad you checked in! I was really starting to worry about you! You go girl. . . you're gonna be great. Our FHE this week was on Being Your Personal Best. . . Raising the Bar on what each of us is capable of. You are doing it! Be proud Kari!

Jeanne said...

Hey Kari! It's always good to see you post, but honestly, given how full your plate is, I, for one, completely understand that blogging can fall to the bottom of the list.

I'm impressed by ALL you accomplish and also the fact that you are participating in a triathlon!!

Your baby is turning 1???? No way!

Jeanne said...

Hey Kari! It's always good to see you post, but honestly, given how full your plate is, I, for one, completely understand that blogging can fall to the bottom of the list.

I'm impressed by ALL you accomplish and also the fact that you are participating in a triathlon!!

Your baby is turning 1???? No way!

Anonymous said...

HaHa! Love the title. I was expecting some phenomenal announcement! Instead I got a phenomenal view into your daily life! I'm quite impressed my GF!!!!! You make my life look like a picnic in the park. Have I told you how proud I am of you and everything you have accomplished so quickly? Wishing you the best for race day. I will be in Argentina but I will be thinking of you and send ya good energy vibes! Which time zone are y'all in? Wanna make sure I send 'em at the right time!!!!

Can't wait to see all the photos ... your race and Cougar's big day!!! (He can't be 1 yet!!!) Man they grow up SOOOOO fast!!! Don't blink or you'll be meeting him at the airport like I just did with Mark.

Love ya!!!!
- Deb

Julie L. said...

fun to read your new post Kari! I know...life just keeps us hopping, huh?!

Enjoy every moment of Cougar's first birthday--and good luck training for your triathalon next weekend!

Love your first layouts for Jess's class...I still haven't done my 1b assignment...I moved on to week 2's main lesson-they are awesome, but challenging!

Katie said...

You're back! I was beginning to think you abandoned your blog. You are one busy woman and you are still always so put together and handle it so beautifully. I cant wait to see pictures of the triathalon, Cougar's birthday, Hawaii and I would love to see some of the stuff you are learning in your class. Cant wait to take mine!

Unknown said...

I think you love being busy!!! Because it always seems that you are! Good luck with everything and give Cougar a big birthday kiss from me!

Laurie said...

You should be totally proud of yourself for your all of your training. I am telling you that I could maybe run a block before passing out. That is a big MAYBE. I hate running. I am more of a yoga girl. I am so proud of you and Tori! I am glad that you were able to get new tickets to Hawaii, even if that does mean that you are still ditching us. Brogan sends a big Happy Birthday to his friend Cougar, and I send a big hug to mom. Why do they have to grow up?

Chrystal said...

Good to hear from you, and it IS a BIG deal about the triathlon! I know I couldn't do it!!

Heather said...

Sounds like you have nothing going on. :grin:

I catch myself doing the "get through this moment" gig, and I have only two kids! I keep telling myself to be more proactive instead of reactive, but you can't teach this dog new tricks. I'm okay with this now.

Have a good week of training, Kari! I'm actually starting with a 5K next month. Wish me luck!

Camille said...

no wonder you haven't posted, you are one crazy busy woman!! happy bday to your little guy, it is amazing how fast the time goes, especially with the last ones!

Natalie said...

Happy Bday to Cougar!! Love the first birthday cake fiascos, make sure to take lots of pics. And congrats on your running stamina, especially while pushing a double stoller, remarkable, really!! Good luck with the triathalon. You rock!

Kasey said...

You are a busy lady! Sounds like you need a week with the girls at the beach. wink. wink.

Wow, I didn't realize you'd purchased your Hawaii tickets with Aloha. Glad you were able to get a great deal on the replacements. Red eye shouldn't be that bad...take some Nyquil to take the edge off. At leat that's what I'm trying tonight...as soon as I get on that plane. I'll let you know how that works out!

Congrats on your training progress for the triathlon. I know you'll do great!

SBR said...

hey Kari! Are the new tickets for the exact same dates or am I getting lucky and catching you here?
Have fun during the Triathlon!
Aloha, Sarah

andreamatrix said...

I can't believe you didn't call me to come help! I kept meaning to ask you about your tickets to Hawaii after watching all these airlines cancel flights right and left. Glad you had time to work it all out!

Jackie said...

WOW Kari...a triathelon .....I am amazed by you.......where are the pictures???????????? Or did you push yourself too hard and are still recouping?