Running in Place

April 8, 2008

Digi: In Deep Week 1

Had to post my layouts for the first week of class. The first one is the sample LO that Jessica created in the video lesson ... basically copy and learn the tasks. This lesson was WAY more complex than some of my previous lessons and it took me much longer to complete ... about 2 1/2 hours!! We learned to:

Create complex shapes with the Photoshop shape and marquee tools
Use compound shapes to create clipping masks
Create straight scalloped edges on patterned paper
Add "pop" to a photo with a colored overlay
Wrap ribbon around objects
"Hang" a tag from ribbon
Create compound masks for a single sheet of patterned paper
Create a semi-transparent journaling block with shaped text in it AND
Recolor textured items on their own layer

(click to enlarge and read journaling)
Credits:

Ledger background paper (lumiere) from La Paperie No. 1 Paper Pack by Jen Wilson
Yellow vertical paper (definingflowers) from Nostalgia No. 1 Paper Pack by Jen Wilson
Blue patterned paper from Keeping Up with the Jones - Home kit by Trish Jones
Striped patterned paper from King Me kit by Katie Pertiet
Red paper strip from Meaning 4 Elements pack by Jen Wilson
Flourish frame from Shmootzy Frames, Vol. 3 by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Flourish brush from A La Mode Brush Set by Mary Ann Wise
Hemp tie ribbon from Star Chasers kit by Katie Pertiet
Jewelry Tag from Tiny Tags set by Linda Gil Billdal
Button from Barcelona kit by Lynn Grievson


The second one is our "challenge" LO for the week. We were supposed to create it ourselves using several techniques from the lesson and including different criteria that we choose. It was definitely a challenge ... I have such a hard time choosing what papers and embellishments to use ... but I was happy with the way it came out and was thrilled to remember how to do some of the tasks on my own!!

(click to enlarge and read journaling)
Credits:
Blue Paper from Laundry Line Second Six Solids (Boys) by Jen Wilson
Brown Paper from Laundry Line First Six Solids (Boys) by Jen Wilson
Striped Paper from Laundry Line (Parker) by Jen Wilson
Brown and Blue Patterned Paper from Laundry Line (Parker) by Jen Wilson
Overlay from Essential Overlays Vol. 1 by Jackie Eckles
Swirl Brushes from Japanese Foliage by Jason Gaylor
Oh, Little Boy Word Art from Laundry Line T-Shirt Talk Boys by Jen Wilson
CK Typist Font
LB Jaimi Font

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, Kari! I love these! What sweet and precious and funny moments to capture in little Cougar's life!

You've done a fantastic job on both layouts, especially considering all the demands on your time.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I left some lovin' for you on your LO in the gallery. Don't 'cha just LOVE this class. Jess has stretched me almost to the breaking point but so far I'm still in one piece. Of course, I've only complete 1a (haha). Trying to get caught up with DID and with ACDSee class. Can we say "over-achiever." I always bite off more than I can chew. Anyway, love your LO! Keep 'em comin'. Love ya GF! - Deb

Lois Michael said...

Too funny! Love your layouts. I love how you captured the water play, what an adorable face.....Happy Birthday Mr. Cougar!

Unknown said...

Love the toilet!, Ethan loves to get into it as well!! Love your digital scrapbooking! One day I'll get around to learning it!

Rachele Funk said...

They're Great! Knew they would be!

Natalie said...

Kari, it's all greek to me, but I like the end results. What treasures they will be for your kids. Love the toilet shots, you must clean them pretty regularly to not worry overmuch about him splashing in them! :)

Kasey said...

That is exactly what I was doing at his age...and I turned out okay!

andreamatrix said...

So my question is did you clean the toilet so he could get cute pictures in it? Darling pages! I can't wait to talk to you about what you've learned!

Katie said...

Soo cute!! I have to take those classes!! I cant wait to learn all that stuff. I love these pages- glad you posted them.

Jackie said...

Love your first one but the one of Cougar in the toilet playing is just too funny.......ahh the days....sometimes I miss them..but mostly......NOT :)

Dawn said...

these are just the best!!! This class is such fun!! your pics are so perfect...great memories!
dewnie

Anonymous said...

My boys got a kick out of the pictures of Cougar playing in the toilet! Great pages Kari!