This week the girls celebrated the 100th day at school. Why this has become such a celebrated day is beyond me, but I digress .... Ashton came home with a packet of activities dealing with the number 100, of course. My favorite was this one:
I could eat 100 ice creams.
I could eat 100 candys.
I could eat 100 pizzas.
But I could never eat 100 brocules (which translated to non-1st grade text is broccolis)!
With as much as she takes after her father in the looks department I am once again reminded that there is no question that she has a big part of me in her, too!! Hopefully she got Steve's metabolism to go with my appetite :)
January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
No Way am I the first to comment. I love it!!! heaven forbid we teach our children to love veggies. Ha Ha, I am right with ya sista. XOXO Teisha
A girl after my own heart! We could eat ourselves silly together. :)
Very cute! Ashton will probably remain one of the lucky girls who can eat whatever she wants, there are a few out there....!
I agree with all of the above, but I could eat the broccoli too. Too funny. Love the HM clip.
this is too funny. i remember the 100 day stuff. my girls would come home with necklaces made from 100 fruit loops.
We just did the 100 days celebration today in school too! Hey I've been missing you ~ haven't caught you on the board or in chat ;0(
broccoli is one of the very few veggies my sons WILL eat. got this book from my sis for xmas: deceptively delicious (simple secrets to get your kids eating good food). i wonder if my kids will appreciate that, ever. LOL you gotta come over and chat sometime, honey. we miss you. :)
Hi Kari,
Love this idea; may have to steal it. We're behind with our 100th day due to so many snow days. I have an entire folder of activities to do every year but haven't tried this one...........
Awww, how cute is that. I love it. One wish it would be possible to actually eat 100 ice creams and pizzas, lol.
Cute story. BTW - Our school too with the 100 day celebration. There has to be something better to study/do.
You've taught her well!
LOL.... She's a little tooth pick! This makes me laugh!!! Bryan LOVES Broccoli! It is his favorite vegetable! I told him I liked cauliflower better, but he calls it Broccoli's evil twin!!! Guess Ashton needs to hang out with Uncle Boo a little more!
I love a girl who can eat... :)
I don't think i could eat 100 brocules either...ice cream, candy and pizza however :)
My daughter would quote the same stuff! She gags just talking about "brocule". :)
LOL at that song! That is something new to me, celebrating 100 days of school! Is it just for their first year of school or does it happen every year?
Carol :-)
Hayden brought 100 chocolate chips for the 100th day but, I could imagine what his list would be if he wrote it out! Probably alot like the one Aston wrote. I love your blog! Great Job of course-you know that you always knock my socks off!
hey girl... you gotta post a new thing! (says she who has not posted in ages either). just want to say... your girlies on the vids are just TOTALLY adorable. they're going to be the main reason i may become your neighbor... so i can babysit for you! :D thank you for listing me twice on your blogroll. you are hereby forgiven. :D (((hugs))))
Cute thing to celebrate, 100 days of school! I love traditions, and I vote that you scrap this!
Post a Comment