Many of you may know this info because we're all in the same digi-obsessed boat over at Jessica Sprague, but for those of you who might be interested I wanted to share. There is a new session of Up & Running With Photoshop that will be offered in February! This is her beginning level class and is amazing!! Registration begins February 11th at 9:00 P.M. EST. If you are interested in signing up make sure you do it within the first 24 hours ... it fills up in a flash!! You'll also want to sign up for her e-mail newsletter over at her blog - she'll send you a coupon for 10% off the cost of the class right before registration!!
Also, for those of you who don't have a photo editing program yet, Costco (you can also order through the website) has a $30 off coupon for Photoshop Elements 6.0 this week making it only $49.99. That is a STEAL!!! I use this program pretty much every day now ... and not just for digiscrapping! You can download a free 30 day trial from Adobe if you wanna give it a try. There is definitely a learning curve but there are lots of tutorials online and if you go to Jessica Sprague's blog she has lots of Photoshop Fridays you can try!! For those of you who are using a Mac, Adobe just announced that they are releasing PSE 6 for Mac the end of March - it is available for pre-order through their website.
Just wanted to make sure you were in the loop ;)
January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Please note that this is my first comment on a blog post EVER. I am no longer a lurker...Hooray! Quick question, will the Costco Photoshop not work for me because I am a MAC user?
I really want to take this class, but I'm so busy. What was your hourly time commitment each week to complete the assignments?
Enabler Alert!
LOL Tori, you beat me to it! Great advertising Kari!!
Thanks for stopping in ~ and the sweet compliments! :) Love the header...
Thanks to your enabling, I finally got my Photoshop at Costco today- something I had no idea I needed one week ago. But I am so excited to have it and get going. I feel like I cant really use it though until I get my photos and scrapbooking files organized. There is so much to learn. Thanks for the reminder about the class registration.
Hey Kari, isn't Jessica's chat room great! I just wanted to let you know that those gradient mask brushes are really, really wonderful. It took me a while to figure it out, but you load them LIKE BRUSHES (only in the eraser tool)!!! And then use an eraser tool, (not the brush), to stamp them like brushes. They come with directions, but I had to figure out this part. . . .
I love it... she is tryingf to create more jess-aholics! WooHoo the playground needs an expansion!!
wellllll, i wasn't going to upgrade...but maybe i will check it out....where is this coupon...you know me...i just have to have....Love your blog!!
dewnie
Kari you are awesome! What is so wrong with enabling...I appreciate it very much as the recipient. Thanks to you I am sitting right next to my newest purchase...photoshop elements 6ready and rearin' to get "up and running". Are you going to have a heart attack? Jill Smith...digiscrapping?? What has this world come to?
Post a Comment