Well, last night was the big night ... the girls and I spent the night with Aly & AJ, Hannah Montana, and Miley Cyrus. I'm sure any of you moms of younger girlies know that is a pretty sought after ticket! I give all credit to my friend Beckie for letting us use her pre-sale opportunity to get these babies!!!! She and her daughter got to go the first time around and didn't get to use her MileyWorld.com pre-sale op, so when Hannah scheduled another concert here Beckie sent me an e-mail asking if I still wanted to try and get tickets. I could never thank her enough!!
We got there early so we could get t-shirts and some pictures ... you should have seen the masses!!! I've never seen so many little girls dolled up and sequined beyond belief! It was actually such a fun and electric atmosphere!! Brinley hadn't been feeling very well for a few days but that didn't stop her excitement. Aly & AJ opened for Hannah/Miley this time around - the Jonas Brothers were here in November - and I was thrilled to see them!! We loved their first album and really like what we've heard from their second album ... gotta download that one now! Hannah kept the girls (and their mom) on their feet the entire time dancing and singing every word (now, now ... I was not the only mom who knew every word)!! Then Aly & AJ joined her to sing "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Night." Aly & AJ sang one more song while Miley prepared to start up her show! About this time Kendyl and Ashton began whining about how tired they were and within minutes were asleep in their chairs!!! They didn't see a single song that Miley sang. Brinley started tiring out, too, and stayed in her seat more during Miley's performance ... not that it was any less exciting - she did a great job - but a 7:30 bedtime is not very conducive to a 7:00 concert that goes until almost 9:30!! All in all we had a fantastic time that will be remembered for years to come. I'm so glad I got to have this experience with my girls. It is always fun to share something with them that they love! And let's face it ... someday they won't want ME taking them to a concert so I'd better live it up while I can ;) The only disappointment? She didn't sing "If We Were a Movie" which is a fave in our house! Oh, and forgetting the t-shirt that we bought for Kayla's birthday present in the chair. Luckily the girls were wearing their shirts :) And just so you know, YES, I called to see if it had been found during the clean up, gave them my seat numbers and all my info so I'll let you know if I hear anything - I'm not holding my breath. Here's a mosaic of some of the 150+ pics I took (I know ... I'm out of control)!


20 comments:
Ok, so my pics of the concert do not even come CLOSE to yours!!! Good thing you were there, that you are my friend, and you are burning me a CD. Whew!
Glad we could share this night with you, even if it was across the arena. ;)
Super fun!!! I Love that they fell asleep! Such a loud chaotic atmosphere yet children can fall fast asleep! Great pics looks like a fun time!
I'm sure you went up a few notches in the " cool mom" division.... What a fun way to hang out w/ the girls...
Kari what a wonderful time to spend with the girls. You are right in cherishing this special time with them. You will never regret it and they will never forget it. Love all your pics....what a neat MOM.
Are you the coolest mom ever or what? Your little video of your girls is so cute. Now get to scrappin those photos! :)
La La Love your post! What a fun night. Your mosaic looks great too - did you use BigHugeLabs? You got so many amazing pictures. Our girls will have to swap stories about the concert...Bryce took them back in October because I didn't feel like I could leave Josie that long. Can you imagine Bryce - he became a new fan of the Jonas Brothers though. I think it's a Testasterone thing.
Wow! You go girl,I think you take the cake for the coolest mom ever. Sounds like fun, wish we were there.
XOXO Teisha
It looks like tons of fun! I wish we were there with you guys. Miss you a ton. Katrina asked me the other day if she could go to Kendyl's house. Only if I can go to Kari's. :( Love your mosaic!
Kari, I confess I have no idea who Hannah Montana is, not something we have over here I think. But it is great to hear you had such a wonderful time.
I love the accent of your girls in video - how cute
Carol :-)
What cute pictures!! Sounds like a fun night. You are such a cute mom.
That is too cute! I can totally picture your girls zonked out through the main event. Those pictures are too cute. I need to learn how to do a mosaic like that. What did you use?
How the times have changed. Can you imagine our moms taking us to a pop concert when we were in grade school? Yeah, right! :)
My niece loves Hannah! Looks like you guys had a blast. You're a cool mom (so far anyway, heh heh).
Kari,
Wow! You've been busy!
Just wanted to stop by your blog & say "thanks" for commenting on my blog! Always nice to see a friendly comment:)
Can't wait for Digi:In Deep!
What a cool Mom you are! Your girls will never forget the concert or their Mom for taking them (especially with the 100's of photo documents you have!!) My girls are just getting a taste of Hannah, but I know it will be full blown soon!
you are the most amazing, with-it mom that i have ever met, kari dear. wish i could be more like you and bake cookies and take care of 15 toddlers at one time and all of the rest of the 100 million great things you do! ;) so glad to know that brinley made it to the show! and that all the girls got to see how cool their mom was (man, i don't think my boys will want me to do concerts with them LOL). you NEED to do an entire album of this-put those 150+ photos you took to good use! so jealous that tori got to go with you, even if you had to wave at each other across the arena. LOL (then again, what would I be doing at an HM concert with 5 boys right?) loved reading all about it, that's for sure! (((hugs)))
just one teeny tiny complaint: you said you loved me. then why am i not part of your daily reading habit?
LOL just kidding, girl. just kidding. love you too. :D
Super photos GF! Are you going to do the collage as a LO for our gallery? You should! Love the photo of you & your darling girls too! I know that was a fun night. I remember taking my daughter to NSYNC years ago!
I love those Mommy/Daughter events. You are of course, one hip fun Mom! Lucky girls...
Oh it looks like you had a really fun time :)
Kari,
Why oh why did I have to read this blog post with my 7 year old standing over my shoulder? :) (Mom, they got to see the concert!)
Love your mosaic and the pictures are awesome. I couldn't get tickets for the live concert, but you bet I've got them for that darn 1 week 3D event at the movies. It's a good thing I like Hannah Montana too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the prayers for our situation. It means so much to me that I have friends "out there" who are praying for us.
((hugs))
Brooke
Post a Comment