I was tagged by Jeanne and Chrystal last week to share 7 random things about myself. I'll do my best to come up with random things - I'm really not that interesting most of the time ....
1. I was suspended from BYU after my freshman year for having a GPA below 2.0. I attended Utah Valley State College to bring my grades back up - I had to take 30 credit hours with a GPA of 3.0 or higher to transfer back to BYU. I ended up graduating from BYU with a degree in Elementary Education ... and a GPA of 3.5!
2. There are 4 kids in my family and we all got married within 14 months of each other. By the time the last one was married the first couple married were expecting their first baby!
3. When I was a junior in High School I was selected as an All-Star Cheerleader (by Universal Cheerleaders Association) during summer camp and got to go to London for New Year's with 650 cheerleaders and dancers from all over the US to perform in their big parade.
4. When I was a little girl I liked to wear tights so my hamster Pepi could hang on them.
5. I order Diet Coke with fresh limes and grenadine at restaurants - as close to a mixed drink as I get ;) Most waiters think I'm high maintenance for it, I'm sure.
6. Despite my being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for the past 8 years - which makes me a card maker and gift maker - I am TERRIBLE at sending any type of cards!! My goal every year is to be better about sending birthday cards but it is yet to happen ... maybe this year ....
7. I love a good plate of cheese fries ... preferably from the Training Table in Utah or Outback Steakhouse!
The tagging bug flew around the MB over on our playground at Jessica Sprague so I'm pretty sure there aren't many left who haven't posted either on their blogs or on the message board ... except maybe my friend Stacey who has a blog on the web with NO posts on it ... still!! It's your turn, girl ;) Time for you to get going on that New Year's resolution!!
And don't forget to scroll down - I added a post from Dec. 14th with a couple of digi pages :)
January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
OK, so this is an awesome post! First, thanks for the reminder to scroll down - what a GREAT idea about babysitting. One of these days when we have kids, I'm going to try that! And second, I used to always order diet Coke with lime & grenedine, too! Until this year, when I have given up soda.... mmmm, makes me want one right now. :)
You are making me hungry with the cheese fries! Yum! Good old UCA. I remember those days. I used to go to UCA camp with my cheerleading squad in junior high but then we went to NCA camp in high school when I was on the dance team. Good times! That is so cool that you got to go to London. Someday I will get to go there, along with about a million other places I want to go.
I am surprised that your family didn't disown you for getting suspended from the Y. Isn't that blasphemy in your house to sin against the Y? LOL! JK!
Wow Kari! You were really living on the edge- ordering mixed drinks and getting suspended from school!! jk Very fun to learn more about you Kari.
Kari, you're probably one of the most UN-BORING people I have ever met! No matter what you're doing, if you're around Kari you're having a GREAT TIME! You mentioned some very interesting facts about yourself! I never would have thought your GPA to be below a 3.5! Beautiful digiscrapping below. Love the picture collage thing.
Wow, I learned one new thing about you from this post. I'd never heard about the tights and Pepi the hamster. Really miss those cheese fries, but most of all the TT dipping sauce. :)
Kari your Christmas cards were adorable this year. I noticed that for some reason your (and three others) address didn't print out this year and since Rustin addressed the cards... Anyway I'll just have to e-mail you a card since my once a year card sending occurance is over. It's fun to see how bit the kids are. And very cute!
OK, how did you get your hampster to hang from your tights?? Are tights the same in UK as in US? Come visit my blog sometime!
Love your blog header Kari, its lovely!
Oh how fascinating :) Kicked out of school..a heavy drinker with pepsi and grenadine....and a hamster who liked tights :) Thanks for sharing
YEAAAAA...was this fun to read!! This tagging is great...although at first i said "oh,no"...I knew you were an interesting person!!
Thanks!
Kari;
Love your little facts... I was a songleader in junior high and loved going to "camp". Love the school story and the wild cocktail you drink. Your parents must have been exhausted wioth all the weddings so close together!
Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the sweet luv you left on my blog!!
How funny having your hamster hang on your tights. My daughter is an All Star Cheerleader and attends both UCA and NCA competitions. They are one company now and still going strong. I was tagged, but have been sick. I'll be putting mine up on my blog in the next day or so. - also gotta love the cheese fries at Outback.
Hi Kari,
I haven't checked out your blog in awhile. You've been busy! I love all your digi layouts and the hardbound books you created for Christmas were awesome.
I LOVE cheese fries and I LOVE Diet coke with lime - although I've never ordered it with grenadine. I'm definitely going high maintenance next time I go out with hubby.
I was suspended from the University of Colorado for my low GPA too! I'm pretty sure it was much lower than yours though :)
It's so much fun to learn *more* about you!!! Thanks for being a wonderful cyberfriend, and for pushing me (a good thing) to get my blog up! You are a kind person to everyone, and have made a point to be helpful with every question or problem. I will be a constant lurker (and poster, lol!) on your blog
Kari, your little facts were very interesting (and funny). I love grenadine with lemonaide! That is what I should have ordered in Canada (I asked for creaming soda and they didn't know what I was on about - it is very similiar).
I just scrolled down and saw the photos of your girls on the piano - how adorable!
Carol :-)
Kari...don't know how I missed this post! This is great stuff!!! I love the story about the hamster (I can just picture it now...I guess you don't have any actual photos of that to share???)
Post a Comment