He, of course, had his first Thanksgiving - a huge feast of sweet potatoes. You have to love the orange/yellow glow that seems to shine from the faces of most babies that are around his age ... seems that all of the foods that they love are some shade of these colors (sweet potatoes, squash, peaches, dutch apple desert, etc.) He also got his first taste of Cheerios.
The weather has finally begun to cool down a bit (daytime temps in the 70's - nighttime temps in the low 50's) so Cougar wore his first pair of jeans on Thanksgiving. It made him look like such a big boy to me!! Had to take some pics of this important moment so I'm sharing my favorite with you ;) I used an antique color wash effect on it (playing around some more in photoshop). I know it may seem silly to some of you but this was a big deal to me ... I was beginning to wonder if he was bound to wear shorts the rest of his life!! I even put him in a sweater for church on Sunday. Didn't take a picture *GASP* but you can trust me when I say he was adorable :)
Yesterday he started pushing up on his knees when he was on his tummy which means that crawling is just around the corner and nowhere in my house is safe anymore. We've been building up to this for weeks but reality has begun to set in that I really need to take some measures to baby proof this place - YIKES! Kendyl was already walking when we moved into this house so I've never had to deal with stairs during the crawling/learning to walk phase ... not looking forward to that at all!To top it all off he decided it was time to show up his sisters and cut his first tooth at 7 1/2 months. None of the girls had teeth before 9 months! The little spike made itself known yesterday which explains the chappy chin we put Neosporin on every day :) Let's hope it improves before our family pics next week!! It is still a bit small to get a photo of but you are guaranteed a pic as soon as I can get the slightest glimpse of it caught by my camera I will (I almost said "caught on film" but then realized I haven't used film in over 5 years now)!


7 comments:
Such a cute little man in those jeans! Love the color wash action. The tree pictures are beautiful as well as the posing food. And...you need to come teach me how to do those apples!
Just wearing jeans! Super cute! I'm afraid to say Ethan will only get a few months with shorts, he's in pants all the time! He looks adorable though!
Kari-
Thanks for your comments on my blog! I want you to know that i had your blog open last night as I was trying to figure it out--you inspired me!
By the way---love Cougar's little jeans!!! (and your tree is beautiful!)
Julie L.
I keep telling Brogan everyday that I didn't sign up for a little boy. I signed up for a baby. He doesn't listen. Brogan started crawling last week so I feel your baby proofing pain. Totally love Cougar's jeans. Such a cutie he is!!!
Kari...they grow up so fast..enjoy Cougar every moment and every new thing he learns...next year he will help with the tree too :)
There's something about men in jeans, isn't there! He looks adorable. Isn't it sad when you realize your baby is about to leave your lap and venture out with the other kids! Boo hoo for us when that happens. But, you can also look forward to hearing him talk for the first time and watching him attempt to feed himself with utensils. NO FEAR! There are lots of fun things ahead. :)
Look at his chubby little feet.. Too cute !! I can't believe he's getting so big... Time flies huh ?
Post a Comment