Clearly I am the last to post on my blog about our Halloween festivities ... at least it seems that way!! This has been one crazy whirlwind of a week for me - mostly good times and some not so good stomach-flu like symptoms. I'm hoping to be on the upside of things now. I'm terribly behind in my digiscrapping class and am hoping to get caught up by next Monday when our next lesson hits the schedule. I've got loads of pics to post from the good times we've had (Ashton's field trip, Kendyl's Halloween party, and Trick or Treating) but I'll spare you some time and just start with the pictures of Halloween night.I bought the hot dog costume months ago for Cougar ... the first time I saw it ... and was anxiously awaiting how adorable he would look in it :) Well, after he went to his 6 month check-up the day of our Trunk or Treat and he weighed in at 20 lbs. 6 oz. it came to me that he might be too big for that costume - it was a newborn one size fits all (unless you are the size of a one year old). I came home and tried it on him. It was nowhere near big enough for the tank that we call our son but I just had to squeeze him into it for a few pictures. He never would have survived more than a few minutes in it (because he is a mover and a shaker and there was not a square inch for him to go inside that thing) so we dug into the archives and found the elephant costume. He was still adorable but I just loved that hot dog costume!!! Good thing I didn't bother spending the money on the ketchup and mustard costumes I found to go with the hot dog :) Brinley chose to be a pirate this year and was disappointed when she found we didn't have a sword for her at the house - what was she thinking? Our house is full of Polly Pockets and Barbies!! Ashton was the only princess in the bunch for the first time in as many years as I can remember. She chose Ariel because it was one of the only costumes we hadn't purchased over the years and I told her she could only choose one that we didn't have. I think she chose well because she looked darling. Kendyl took on the roll of a witch this year. I loved the dress she found and the hat was priceless ... when she would keep it on ;) We also took a boy from the neighborhood Trick or Treating with us because he was coming by our house as we were leaving and we invited him to come along! The girls ended up making quite a haul between the Trunk or Treat and Trick or Treating - looks like it's time to schedule dental exams again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love the costumes! That is funny about the hotdog costume. You have a healthy boy!
They all look so cute... but I LOVE the hot dog !! TOO CUTE !! At least you squeezed him in it for a couple pictures !!
Post a Comment