Just had to share a few photos from our Thanksgiving feast! We were here on our own this year so I was preparing for an army of 5 (really 4 if you consider the amount of food Ashton and Kendyl consume) so, of course, we were left with a TON of food to eat (and then throw away) over the next few days. As far as I'm concerned I could be happy just making rolls for dinner but my husband believes we need to be a little more "traditional" than that which requires a turkey, funeral potatoes, jell-o salad, and stuffing (no cranberry sauce or green bean casserole) and our own tradition of deviled eggs. Don't really know where that came from but the girls *love* them and I make them so rarely that it seems a "holiday treat" to them ... thus a tradition! I think Steve got sick of me "posing" the food and taking pictures, but he's learning to deal with the obsession I have with my new camera ;)
The day was capped off by decorating the Christmas tree (which I will post pictures of in a different post) which ALWAYS gives me such a thrill! I just *love* Christmastime and having the tree up and decorated really seems to start the season for me. We are almost done with our shopping which is always a relief because every time I blink these days time seems to be moving faster. No plans for me to head out shopping on Black Friday ... all of the cohorts that I might be able to coax out of bed at 4 A.M. tomorrow are out of town and have left me to battle the online stores ... I'd prefer that anyway, to tell the truth. There's something about pricing things online, finding the best deal, getting free shipping, and having lots of boxes arrive on my doorstep! All that and I don't even have to get out of my P.J.s - what could be better?! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did. Thank you all for being a blessing in my life!
November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








11 comments:
Hi Kari, everything looks delicious. I can see where you will be eating leftovers for a week..LOL. Just wait until Cougar gets a little older...you will not have as amny I promise. I agree with you on the online shopping, much nicer than fighting the crowds. Happy Holidays!
Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Looks like you guys had a wonderful feast. Can't wait to see pics of your tree! I love Christmas decorations. I am such a sucker. I am actually going to venture out to Target today. But we are in Farmington, so hopefully the crowds won't be as brutal. Wish me luck!
Looks so yummy! No Black Friday shopping for me, either!
Those are the greatest looking deviled eggs and rolls I've ever seen! Will you send me the recipe for the rolls?
Jimmie got extrememly gourmet on our turkey this year. I'll get around to posting it sometime this weekend. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Okay, I can never come to your house for Thanksgiving! I am a big mashed with gravy fan!!!! I can have Thanksgiving dinner without them!!! Funeral come on!!! Mashed much better in my taste! But lets see I do know Steven's Mother, and I think those funeral potatoes were forced down their throat since infancy!!! They're good, but not my fav! Happy Thanksgiving to my other little Holt Family! Miss you! There is a suprise in your Christmas card! You'll have to tell me what you think! Luv you all! Aunt Triny and Uncle Boo!
Thanks for the chuckle. When I pictured DH and the kids standing around while you posed food for pics, I had to laugh.
It looks delicious! I love the leftovers too. You had enough for Yo-Yo (You're On Your Own) dinners for two days!
Less time cooking, more time for pics. ;)
BTW - Is that a Diet Coke I see on the table of your "Our Thankful Clan" pic?
I can't remember who to give thanks to for the Diet Coke. Was it the Pilgrims or Indians?
:)
Kari - I checked out your blog before making mine. I love the food- my husband is sooo tired of me taking pics of him basting the turkey (only 22 yrs worth). thanks for checking my blog. Hopefully someday it might look as good as yours. Lisa (Ljonezy)
WOW! We're coming to your house for Thanksgiving next year! Those rolls really are PICTURE PERFECT. How on earth did you manage that??? Great job! I did brave the Black Friday crowds...and let me tell you, NEVER AGAIN. I was in line at Kohls for three hours. NO JOKE. Three hours. No more of that for me! You were smart to avoid it.
Hey Kari, what wonderful photos of your Thanksgiving!! Making me hungry lol!! Love your blog, you will have to give us all lessons!! Veevs xxx
I'm DYING over those rolls. My mom makes the same crescent rolls every year. And since we didn't go back to Ohio this year for Thanksgiving, I missed out over them. Josh's mom made some "rolls' but they don't compare to my mom's and apparently yours. YUM !!
Post a Comment