Running in Place

November 14, 2007

More Digi Homework

I've really become quite a bad blogger! Life just has a way of getting in the way sometimes and my sometime seems to be NOW!! I'm desperately behind in my digiscrapping class but am hoping to get caught up on our challenges soon. I've been able to get our weekly assignments done but that seems to be it these days. I'm posting my layouts from the last 2 weeks to get caught up.

I know I've said it before, but this class has really blown me away!! I honestly can't believe the amazing things she continues to spring on us each and every week. Besides the incredible video lessons and planned layouts for each week she gives us challenges so we can practice and improve our skills, freebies, discount coupons for some amazing digital stores, a mini album each Thursday, and great feedback and warm fuzzies :) Have I convinced you that you all need to AT LEAST give her Up & Running class a try? She will be announcing her class schedule for the beginning of 2008 shortly and you can bet I'll let you know when her next session is starting. She already let us know that her third installment will be taught starting sometime in January and there is no question that I'll be registering for that one!

Here is my homework assignment for this week! I decided to go back a few months to scrap the Daddy-Daughter campout that Steve and the girls went on back in June. I can't even begin to list all of the techniques that we learned in this lesson (okay, I can, but it might seem like jibberish, so if you really want to know leave me a comment and I'll tell you ... otherwise just enjoy the layout)!! Amazing stuff ;)
(click to enlarge and read journaling)

Credits:

Brown paper: Fairy Dreamer kit by Katie Pertiet
Polka-dot paper: Botanist No. 7 kit by Katie Pertiet
Flourish frame: On the Edge Flourish No. 3 brush set by Katie Pertiet
Flourish brush: On the Edge Flourish No 2 brush set by Katie Pertiet
Negative frame: Snap Frame set by Katie Pertiet
Title lines: Jack-n-me alphabet by Katie Pertiet
Swirl brush: A La Mode brush set by MaryAnn Wise

I still haven't posted my LO from last week either ... slacker that I am! Last week we got to learn to do a 2-page LO and cut in in half for printing ... cool stuff! Again, won't bore you with the details (that I don't find the least bit boring and you won't either once you take Up & Running) unless you want them :) I chose to do more Disney pictures for this one. I took some great pictures of the castle and I've been dying to use one of them. The colors of this layout were perfect for the pics and I loved that I could use one for such a focal photo!!
(click to enlarge and read journaling)

Credits:

Blue paper and Swirl brush (white): Delightful kit by Michelle Coleman
Pink paper: Beautiful Journey paper pack by Michelle Coleman
Scalloped mask: Serendipity Element Pack by Michelle Coleman
Flourish brush (brown): Boho Flourish Brush set by Michelle Coleman
Oval tag: Apron Strings 2 kit by Leora Sanford
Twill ribbon: Twilled Phrases set by Jackie Eckles
Alpha: Jessica Sprague

I promise to post something non-digi related tomorrow, so watch out!! Maybe you're sick of seeing my layouts ... hopefully you won't quit visiting!! I just love what I'm learning and figure it is a great way to share more recent pictures of our crew! Lucky for you my class ends on Sunday so you might actually see and hear about other things! Until then, try to tolerate my obsession :)

11 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Kari :-)
I am not sick of seeing your layouts, love seeing your family at Disneyland. So keep posting them LOL.

Thanks for visiting me at my blog!
Carol :-)

Lois Michael said...

Kari, I ditto Carol's comment. We could never get tired of your sharing your family with us. Very cute pages. Girl.....12:41 am, you would think you had kids, a husband, laundry, taxi driving, etc, etc, etc to do. When do you sleep?

Laurie said...

Kari, you always do such a great job on your LOs. I am glad to hear you are doing better and back in the swing of things. I am behind too, but that's okay. It just means we will have something to work on when the class is over. Right?

Anonymous said...

AMAZING as usual!
I love them! The daddy/daughter campout has adorable pics! The one of your DH and the girls with their feet in the creek is too cute for words. It looks like they had fun and they aren't dirty. How does that happen? ;)

Kasey said...

Too cute, Kari! Lately I'm too busy to even return phone calls, and I don't have 4 kids OR a digi class to keep up with! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

The Daddy Daughter is my fav so far I have to say! Your super talented Kari! We miss you all and hope you have a great Thanksgiving next week!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I really wish we lived closer so we could do fun stuff like this together...

Question... the daddy/daughter post... the red part underneath the photo.. does Stampin Up have any stamps with that type of
"flora " or "flowy" design ? I have looked everywhere and can't find them. I see them on cards and peoples scrapbooking pages all the time. I think they are so adorable dipped in pretty colors. Any help or direction would be great. They would look so good in my vintage themed cards. Thanks and love ya...

Tezra Williams said...

Beautiful layouts Kari! I especially love the Disneyland one with the castle as the focal point.

Anonymous said...

It looks great and look how on top of things you are with this class. I am jealous of you... I try but don't succeed at least you are accomplishing things!

Brandy said...

Love it...now I need to get cracking on mine. I am sooo behind but, what is new? Dang Tori--can I say it is all her fault for giving me all these wonderful, addicting, time-consuming, never long enough books that I will completely forget that I have a family, laundry, and . . . what was that other thing? OH YEAH I know remember--Digi scrap class!

John Knotwell said...

Love the double layout Kari. I'm in awe of your skill and creativity. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.