Artwork copyright Stampin' Up!
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, River Rock (textured)
Ink Pads: Real Red, Always Artichoke
Stamps: Happy Everything
Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, paper piecing punch, crystal ice stickles, white pom-pom, glue dots
Artwork copyright Stampin' Up!
Paper: Dashing (Designer Paper Series), Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Real Red, Always Artichoke (Craft Pads)
Stamps: Love & Joy
Accessories: Real Red 1/4" grosgrain, Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain, rhinestone gems, quickie glue pen, cream colored paint, mod podge, square picture frame
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, River Rock (textured)
Ink Pads: Real Red, Always Artichoke
Stamps: Happy Everything
Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, paper piecing punch, crystal ice stickles, white pom-pom, glue dots
Paper: Dashing (Designer Paper Series), Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Real Red, Always Artichoke (Craft Pads)
Stamps: Love & Joy
Accessories: Real Red 1/4" grosgrain, Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain, rhinestone gems, quickie glue pen, cream colored paint, mod podge, square picture frame


8 comments:
Kari, the photos look great! You're too hard on yourself. Three ideas on light: 1 - Turn your subjects toward a window, and take the pictures during the day. Also, get some white poster board and use that to reflect light from an open window on to the subject. 2 - Use a desk lamp as a "hot" light. You could get creative and even put a piece of standard copy paper in front of the light to soften it. 3 - You can purchase a very inexpensive softbox for your on board flash (probably $15). It will greatly reduce the hot light and shadow. Lastly, don't be afraid of shadow, that's how you know it's a real object. Try putting a white sheet down under the card, the idea being that the sheet itself will be "ruffled." In that way, the sheet will create shadow and allow you to place the card on top of it... thus still showing the dimension of the card. Hope that helps!
These are too stinkin cute. I can see the photo frams as 2 chipboard coasters when opened reveals a picture too. Love the santya hat card. Absolutely darling!!!!!
I love those!!!! Why aren't you my neighbor again??? Have a told you how much I love SU? Maybe I will tell you again, I love SU!!! I love you too! xoxo
Okay you have way too much talent in those fingers of yours!!! They look great! Just so you know you will be getting regular store bought Christmas cards from us!!!!
Kari your cards look fantastic!
And you just reminded me I need to add another blog entry!
Carol :-)
I would have loved to make both! Very stinking cute! Where'd you get the frame, BTW?
P.S. Have you looked at my photos? Did you see that I still have the same old blog banner? Girl, you are an over-achiever to the nth degree!!! Oh, and I don't HTML either, so my blog ain't likely to change anytime soon!!!
Kari, I like your cards. I do a lot of card making as well and I sometimes I have enough energy to photograph them as well. My living room has a lot of south facing windows so what I do is arrange fabric (any kind will do - even tops and sweaters) that matches the card in question and lay the card on it. Then I go to town with the camera. The trick is to keep the camera still long enough so that a low F-stop can be used. If you have a tripod use it.
Here are a few examples:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Lindsan/P8120999.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Lindsan/P8121002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Lindsan/P8121013.jpg
I hope those links work!
Post a Comment