Running in Place

November 17, 2007

Yummy Fun!

3 posts in a row? Unheard of these days!! We've been super busy so I'm just giving you some brief highlights of a few of the things we've been up to :) This past week I learned to make those yummy caramel apples that you pay $6 for at the fancy candy shops!! Okay, I admit mine may not look quite as perfectly divine as those might be but I was awfully proud of myself!! Not only was it fun to learn but my kiddos thought it was pretty great when the apples they got with their dinner were covered with caramel and chocolate!!We also got to join the girls for their Thanksgiving Feast in the school cafeteria this week ... good times :) How quickly we forget the joy of school lunches!! How quickly I remember why I spend the extra time to pack lunches for them most days!! Marginally edible food aside, they absolutely *LOVED* having their parents and younger siblings there to show off to their friends. Glad to know they still think we're cool - I have a feeling that will change one of these days so we'd better cherish it while we can.

The DELICIOUS food we got to enjoy for a mere $2.50

Ashton, Daddy, and Cougar

Brinley, Mommy, and Cougar (trying to drink chocolate milk)

8 comments:

John Knotwell said...

Love the apple... very yummy indeed!

Lois Michael said...

Your apple made my mouth water.....any directions coming?

Laurie said...

Love the yummy apple followed up by the questionable school lunch! LOL! Those apples look amazing though. Jeremy and I always joke about the day when Brogan is no longer going to think we are cool. Your pics of your family are super cute.

Unknown said...

Steve looks like he really loved the school lunch!!! Apples look delicous, but I might gain 10lbs. eating one! Looks like you guys are having fun down it the hot sun!!! Happy Thanksgiving this week hope yours is great!!!

Rachele Funk said...

I'll take 6 of the yummy apples. You know where I live, so just drop them by anytime!

Gotta love the good ole cafeteria. Makes you so appreciate the value of a home cooked meal!

Amie said...

Kari, I don't know what you're talking about. School lunches have to be the best thing since sliced bread. I know as a child I ate every last drop of them every day. :) I just couldn't get enough of that five meat pressed together "turkey" meat. mmmmm. But, that apple...nice job. My pregnant brain isn't going to be able to stop thinking about it until I make one for myself! :) Nice job! Once, again...great pictures.

Chrystal said...

HI Kari, I am stalking your blog since I saw the link on the NWR message board. :) I also use Blogger. Can you tell me how you get your blog part to be "wider" than the standard? Does that question make sense? You can email me at dealdiva1@gmail.com Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the photo of the apple.
what a beautiful family!
Aloha.