I am the secretary in our Primary which means all of the updates for the coming year were due for our meeting this past Sunday - new class assignments, lesson schedules (3 of them), sharing time schedules, talk & scripture assignment schedules, conducting schedules, general primary guidelines for our teachers, birthday list, upcoming baptism schedule, list of scouts, activity day girls, and nursery kids ... did I miss anything?! Probably, but I'm sure I did it in the past week :) I'm kind of hyperorganized when it comes to some of it (or all of it if you ask Steve) so it takes me extra long to get it "just right." It drives me crazy about myself and yet I wouldn't have it any other way ... I'm all about the little details - even if I have to stay up all night to make it right!
I've also been working away on a big Christmas project that I can't share yet, but I will after the big day ... promise :) It took a lot of time but I know will be completely worth it in the end. I am so excited about the way it turned out!!
We've been doing "Secret Santa" on Monday nights this year and it is such fun!! I came up with a cute and EASY gift to deliver, too! It is a cover for Jiffy Pop - which I found in the dollar spot at Target (who doesn't love that place?) - just print the cover, cut out the circle, pry back the edges of the Jiffy Pop, put the cover under the edge and secure! I then tied a satin bow around the handle. I'll have to take and post a picture for you in the next few days.
I've been trying to keep up a Daily December album, too! Okay - maybe I should clarify ... the goal is to create a page for every day in December. It is the 11th and I have 2 pages done. I have been taking pictures and keeping notes of our daily adventures so I can go back and complete the pages now that I'm not over my head in projects ;) Here are the two I've done using a free template from Jessica Sprague's blog. She also has a great list of things to do as you count down to Christmas and an adorable idea for an advent calendar right here!

December 1st
(Click to enlarge)
December 4th
(click to enlarge)
(Click to enlarge)
December 4th(click to enlarge)
Well, I'm sure I could go on for ages but I wouldn't want you to fall asleep on me!! I know - I've been gone forever and then I come back with a post that rambles on about my chaotic life!! Sorry for that ... this IS my journal, too, so I've got to have some of that in there, too ;)


12 comments:
Wow Kari, you have been super busy! I also got the impression that you are an extremely organised person. And although I am an extremely organised person myself, I am thinking you may out-organise me LOL.
Your 2 pages for Daily December are just adorable with all those adorable children on them.
Carol :-)
Love the 1st two pages of December....What an adorable Santa Baby! Great caption for your page. The girls made very cute ornaments too. They probably love the fact you are so crafty. Hope the rest of your month is not as hectic as the 1st part but I doubt it....not with four munchkins anticipating Santa coming. Good to hear from you again!
You are a busy bee aren't you. I don't know how you and Carolyn find all the estra time to do the "extra-non kid stuff "...You both amaze me !!
Everything looks so great. Love the kids, love the ornaments, love the ideas, and love you !!
Your pages turned out so cute!! I was just about to harass you for not having a new entry in your blog. Just because I haven't written anything doesn't mean you can do the same. LOL! Okay, now you have made me look bad. Maybe someday I will get back to that blogging thing. :)
Cute pix Kari! I'm so excited that I get to come see you in February - gotta love business trips that take you right to your friends' neighborhoods. I may buy my plane ticket tomorrow. How far is Phoenix from Scottsdale?
You make me tired just reading what you have done...love your Christmas lo...very cute...Santa is a doll baby :)
Look at you super Mom!!! Super Cute! We miss you all and hope you have a great Christmas!
You are so a go getter! If there weren't people like you in the world we would all be watching tv all of the time! I love your comments on my blog they make me laugh! I love the adorable pictures of your kids!
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Kari. Mel gave me the link to your blog. You have a beautiful family.
Love the layouts Kari! Quite beautiful.
Hi Kari!
Not sure if you will check this or the forum more frequently... but can you send me an invite to your chat on Thursday?
THANKS! Chrystal
HELLOOOOO !! Anyone out there ? And I thought I was slacking on my blog... where ya be Roberts ? :) Miss ya !!
Post a Comment